Original topic:

Edge lighting issues after one ui 3.1 update

(Topic created on: 3/19/21 4:50 PM)
userROKNYMnRDD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

After one ui 3.0 i cant set individual app colors which i can do on my old s7 edge -_- now I updated for one ui 3.1 a couple of days ago and realised messenger, instagram and discord all changed from purple to black edge lighting anyone else have this issue ? I also updates the apps after the update could that be an issue ?

7 Replies
crundle
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yes I have experienced the same thing. Evidentially when Samsung released the update, the edge lighting was changed so that now you can only change the color of individuals listed in your contacts. They removed the option of changing colors for your apps. Such a disappointment as I used a different color for my email, gmail, calendar, and messages so that when a notification came in the edge of the screen would light up with the color of the particular app. So if I received an email the edge would flash blue, for gmail it would flash green, for calendar yellow
and for text messages it would be red. I thought that maybe with the most recent update to 3.1 that that issue may be fixed but it wasn't. Samsung please bring this back!
MTG13
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I hope they do an update and fix this. I loved that option, so disappointing.
Sak07
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I can't use egde lighting for my Note 10 plus after updating to one UI 3.1
User5252
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I recently upgraded to one ui 3. 1 as well, and now only have lost the option to set individual app colors(all are blue). The edge Lighting app seems to have disappeared from goodlock too. The strange thing is, a red did hav
0 Likes
User5252
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I had a red edgelight notification even though it's set to blue.
0 Likes
user4ugaxk0hFI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Can't set different  colour edge lighting for emails, Gmail and messages since 3.0 update. One edge lighting colour does it all.  At least we still have it.

0 Likes
user4ugaxk0hFI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The colour picker is gone. But you can set edge lighting  for all apps.   Just go in and choose a colour. 

0 Likes