cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Editing a photo

Hi, sorry if this has already been discussed/answered, I've looked but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

Phone: Samsung Note 10 + (Fully up to date)

When i take a photo, it of course appears in my gallery. I then edit that photo and click save. Two photos are now in my gallery; the orignal and the edited. Is there anyway to automatically delete the orignal (i.e. replace it with the edited).

In an ideal world I'd like to be able to choose for each photo, for example when i've finished editing the photo i'd like two options 'save edit and keep original' and 'save edit and delete original'.

Is there anyway this is possible, I'm sure i'm not the only person who would favour this. This also extends to videos of course. Below is an screeshot of my options (no extra options come up after clicking save). Thanks in advance for all responses.

Screenshot_20200618-235323_Photo Editor.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Editing a photo

Hello,

Just for more clarification, when you edit a photo and when done, does the picture just save? Are you saving the photos in two different locations? (Ex. Are the photos being saved to your internal storage and an SD Card?)

Highlighted
Asteroid

I don't have an SD card inserted. When I click save it just says 'Image save in /DCIM/Camera'. The two photos are then visible in the Gallery app.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for confirming this information.

Are you editing the photos in your stock gallery app or are you using a third-party gallery app?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm using the stock gallery app.