Original topic:

Extra slow charging

(Topic created: 04-15-2022 10:05 AM)
DrazarD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Anyone else having issues with their note 9 or is it just me? For some reason my note 9 is charging slow as heck. I've tried different chargers, even freshly new ones bought from the store, and its still charging slow. I've even reset the phone and its still a bother. I wonder if its just a system thing or I might need an upgrade.
0 Likes
6 Replies
James-A51
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Hmm...really depends on how full the battery is and if you're using a Samsung fast charger as charging speeds with other chargers may not work as quickly...Anker does have chargers that also support quick charging as well but it's best to use a Samsung fast charger for your phone
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Mine I usually have on a wireless charger but it charges fairly quickly. I never upgraded it to one ui though
0 Likes
userA3iPkz5Gmk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
My s20 and my watch 4 are both dreadfully slow to charge since the watch updated overnight
0 Likes
Pep1286
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
My Note 10 did the same thing after the One UI 4 update but after buying a samsung fast charger all has been back to normal, even with the new One UI 4.1 update, I would start there
0 Likes
Wassim
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The cable that you are using is not a fast charge or the adapter
If you got the original adapter try plugging the charger in your phone if it say slow try to flip it
0 Likes
ZaCloud
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Do you have Fast Charging activated? If so, skip to (2).

If you don't know, my device is a Note 10+ so the steps may be different, but see if this gives you an idea:

(1) If your notification bar (pull-down menu) shows your charging status, it should say "Fast charging" if that's activated. If it's not...

Go to Settings> Battery and Device Care.
Underneath the status & optimization button should be a strip with the word "Battery" on it, along with its amount available, etc. Tap it to open the Battery menu.

Scroll down to the bottom & tap "More Battery Settings."

There, you can turn the Fast Charging slider On.

(2) & as others pointed out, make sure that both the charger & cable are made for Fast Charging or Quick Charging. Which, well, those have a few generations & types, so it depends on what your device is compatible with, & the wattage itself.

The Note 9's top charge speed is 15 watts, so don't expect it to be as high as newer models. Getting a 25 or 45 watt Super Fast Charging set won't make it go any faster than, let's say, an old "Samsung Adaptive Fast Charge" plug (mine came with my S7)  with a USB cable of equal or greater speed.

So in short, it's not the age of the charger/cord that matters, just the wattage. (& in a handful of cases, the brand; Huawei Super Charge 40 watt only gives Samsung devices 9 watts, & Realme VOOC Flash Charge 3.0 putters along at only 0.5 watts, ouch!)

Getting higher watt adapters/chargers won't hurt it any (& can be nice to have for future devices). It just makes no difference after 15 watts for the Note 9.

Let us know if it seems like it's still slower than it should be after you narrow these factors down. Cuz yeah, totally could also be the recent updates if that model still gets them, or other factors.