cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

FORGOTTEN MY PASSWORD

Hey there, 

so i changed my password to my phone and one of the kids have found it funny to restart the phone and now its asking for the password but ive forgotten it however  i have my fingerprint registered. Is there a way of still accessing the phone as it says after restart please enter password? 

Please can you all get back to me ASAP and I appreciate your time!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: FORGOTTEN MY PASSWORD

@userj3YnEJrfrS 

There is no way to bypass the password after a restart requirement, as far as I know. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Sun

It looks like you might have to factory reset your device unless you can remember your password.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

The only way to get around this is through a factory reset, you'll need to google the button combination to put your phone into recovery mode so you can do the factory reset. Be aware though that if you used a Google account on the phone you will be asked to sign into the phone with that same account during the set up so you will need to know that Gmail password. If you dont either try to change it beforehand or if you can't, you'll need an authorized Samsung repair shop to perform an FRP unlock for you.