Original topic:

Facing issues in opening PDF files on my dual messenger WhatsApp recently on Galaxy Note 10+

(Topic created: 06-19-2021 01:23 PM)
usersMh7o3Y9wH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

I am using Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ phone from last 15 months or so.

Recently I have started facing issue in opening PDF files on my dual Whatsapp, earlier it was all fine.

Now showing error "This file could not be accessed. Check your connection or make the filename shorter"

I have opened few files in drop box and after that this issue is there.

Anybody can help here please.

Thanks.

8 Replies
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm guessing the app updated while you weren't aware, and this change messed with the ability to open PDF's since you say it worked fine before (just a guess).

If PDF's are able to be opened from other apps just fine, then it's probably safe to say it's an app issue that needs to be fixed by Whatsapp. Either way, you can reproduce the issue and report the problem using Samsung Members app or directly speak with whatsapp support and see if really is a whatsapp issue. 

If you do use the SM app then it will help to provide screenshots or screen recordings of the issue at hand. Good luck 🙂

Edit: I just tried it on my device, latest app updates and device... I was able to open pdf just fine. Were you trying to open the pdf using Samsung's Note app? or did you try open using another app? I'm now thinking it's whatever the app you used to view the PDF 'might' be the issue.

I think the best route would be to submit issue report to Samsung Members, the app should detect where the problem occurred (hopefully). Good luck 🙂

DaVoodoo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am having exactly the same issue with my dual Whatsapp. The normal WhatsApp can open attachments fine but the dual Whatsapp gives the message: "This file could not be accessed. Check your connection or make the filename shorter".         It won't only not open PDF but any other attachment.

I think the above poster only tested with normal Whatsapp and not with dual.

Is anyone else having this issue? Can't believe there are only 2 of us? Please help.

BTW, I am using a S10E

0 Likes
userMe57iXXETK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes, i am also facing the same problem, i am using samsung M51

DaVoodoo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

SAMSUNG, PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
userUUTfX0aQWV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am having the same issue as well. Using Note20 Ultra.

What happened is that a recent whatsapp update had the app migrating all the media files to "Android->media->com.whatsapp". No issues for the main app, but Dualapp is unable to adapt this latest configuration change.

Looks like we'll have to wait for a dualapp update to fix this.

DaVoodoo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

"Looks like we'll have to wait for a dualapp update to fix this."

Is Samsung reading these posts? Do they know about the problem? It really makes the Dualapp Whatsapp unusable. Major issue for me. I am sure there are many more affected users.

userQTDnHKnuCZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

NO!!!!

they don't care

0 Likes
userQTDnHKnuCZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the same problem with A52