cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userbe27vE3JDz
Asteroid

Forgot lock screen password of Note 5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I changed the lock screen password yesterday night and now forgot it after wake up.   I didn't sign in Android Device Manager, is there any way to reset the passcode on my Note 5?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user2BDhezPaNo
Constellation

Re: Forgot lock screen password of Note 5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userbe27vE3JDz wrote:

I changed the lock screen password yesterday night and now forgot it after wake up.   I didn't sign in Android Device Manager, is there any way to unlock the passcode on my samsung Note 5?

If you don't know the password/PIN/Pattern etc that you set, you will need to perform a Factory Data Reset.

1. Back up data on the internal memory. If you have signed into a Google account on the device, you have activated Anti-theft and will need your Google credentials to finish the Master reset.
2. Turn off the device.
3. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
4. When the Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds 5. before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
6. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe data / factory reset.
7. Press Power button to select.
8. Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.
9. Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
10. When the master reset is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
11. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Note, this will wipe your Android data without recovey, so, please be sure you've backed up everything.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userbe27vE3JDz

Short of remembering the password, the only way into the device would be a factory reset.  =/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userbe27vE3JDz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Factory reset will delete all data on my phone, right?
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly yes. I hope that you can remember the password to get in without having to do that though.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userbTzPmqiGvs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the help

ladypapa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hiya, bro, if you forgot lock screen password of Samsung Note 5, no worry, there are some methods to teach you how to remove lock screen.

1. Using Samsung Find My Mobile service to remove lock screen

2. Factory reset your Samsung phone to remove lock screen

ps: above two method would make your data loss.

userBaDmsfb7g1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also this dr.fone - unlock can help to remove the forgotten password on your Note 5, no need Samsung or Google account and NO DATA LOSS! 

Watch this video: https://youtu.be/BOZOMqgSKhc

ALL-IN-ONE SOLUTION FOR ANDROID [Recover, Repair, Transfer, Switch, Backup, Erase, Root, Unlock] The World's Most Powerful Android Manager - http://beego.cc/...
userxdQrZ6iZEO
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just attempted to do this and it says that it removes all data and that you might even need to log in with google or samsung anyway once the lock screen is removed. I then attempted to backup my phone so if the data is removed I can restore it, but you have to unlock the phone for it to connect to the laptop (I have a samsung note 5, but a MacOS laptop).

user2BDhezPaNo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userbe27vE3JDz wrote:

I changed the lock screen password yesterday night and now forgot it after wake up.   I didn't sign in Android Device Manager, is there any way to unlock the passcode on my samsung Note 5?

If you don't know the password/PIN/Pattern etc that you set, you will need to perform a Factory Data Reset.

1. Back up data on the internal memory. If you have signed into a Google account on the device, you have activated Anti-theft and will need your Google credentials to finish the Master reset.
2. Turn off the device.
3. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
4. When the Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds 5. before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
6. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe data / factory reset.
7. Press Power button to select.
8. Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.
9. Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
10. When the master reset is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
11. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Note, this will wipe your Android data without recovey, so, please be sure you've backed up everything.

View solution in original post

user3oEIiLZka1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did the directional lock on my phone, I know what I put because I wrote it down and it made me confirm it. It's not working and like a idiot I restarted my device so now it's giving message that I can use my fingerprint once the device has been unlocked. 

Is there a work around? I know they had this issue with other samsungs.