Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nelsonkng
Asteroid

Frustrated note 7 owner

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased my phone brand new note 7  from eBay for my cricket account . I don't understand why samsung why they won't accept the exchange if it has a clean imei number and a receipt of purchase. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Neutron Star

Re: Frustrated note 7 owner

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you called them and asked? I don't think Samsung wants any of the old Note 7 phones around no matter how it was purchased. It would be a liability. Call them during business hours and see. Maybe talk to a manger. 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

57 REPLIES 57
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you called them and asked? I don't think Samsung wants any of the old Note 7 phones around no matter how it was purchased. It would be a liability. Call them during business hours and see. Maybe talk to a manger. 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello and welcome to the Samsung Community. We're glad you've reached out.

This particular Exchange program is just for the US based devices, which yours may not be since you bought it off Ebay. If you can go to Settings>About Device and tell us the exact model number we can always check that for you. If it was a foreign device you might have to reach out to Ebay, the seller, or the region the device was originally from.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Nelsonkng
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK I called samsung and they said my phone was indeed USA based but I still have to go through eBay..I don't understand why samsung would direct back to eBay if the phone meets the requirements for an exchange? 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The whole exchange program works based on where it was bought. Let's say you bought it from our sight directly, then naturally we would be the ones to help. If you bought from a carrier store or sight, they would be the ones to make that exchange. In this case, it was bought from another location. Only that location can assist. I've seen a few people post on different threads that they bought from Amazon or Ebay and the sites were able to help them further. I realize it might seem a bit odd, but it's the best way to make sure that everyone has the stock and ability to best assist the most people.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Nelsonkng
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So basically what you are saying is that if anyone purchased their galaxy note 7 from eBay or Amazon. They cannot get an exchange, just a refund and repurchase directly from Samsung. 

Nelsonkng
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand but it still is a frustrating situation. Because that means I would have to be without a phone for at least two weeks. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That was not what I said, I'm sorry if it came off that way though. All Exchanges are done through the place of purchase. This has been stated in several different places on the Community as well as on our main website. http://www.samsung.com/us/note7exchange/

Any and all updates and further information will be placed on that link. You will need to talk to Ebay or the seller there directly. Again, I realize this may not be the most convenient, but everyone else is reaching out to the place they bought their devices too.

If they can not, or will not, assist you then please let us know! We want to help you and if the only way to do so is through the refund and repurchase method we will work with you to figure something out. Like Superman mentioned before, Samsung does not want anyone to feel 'stuck' in this situation. As always, the exchange program is not mandatory but optional. We're just trying to accommodate everyone who wants to engage in the offer in as timely a fashion as possible.

Aaroon08
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My note 7 seller isnt helping me, and my phone is a valid US clean imei. If Samsung directly wont handle this then I'll just wait for my phone to burn up then utilize the 1 year Samsung warranty that they are required to honor. It's not an exchange program if Samsung isn't involved lol. I was told by a Samsung rep that I would have to wait until my phone burnt up before they could help me with my device (not something a company who cares about customer safety would say) oh well....guess I'm literally stuck with my Note 7 that doubles as a potential explosive haha

bestpi
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Aaroon08,
The ebay seller most likely is a store that also sells on ebay. Have you contacted them directly to see if there is some way they can accommodate you? Perhaps they have an edge or an S7 that they could do a swap for you?

They might be able to get Samsung to cover express shipping in lieu of the $25 dollar credit. Just a suggestion.