JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Note 10 (All models All Carriers) Weak Signal Issues

(Topic created: 08-31-2019 01:57 AM)
AceAhad
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Did any of u guys with note 10 getting hard time to get signals and mobile network and LTE??

239 Replies
AlvaroLovesNotes
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the unlocked version too on Tmobile and I did notice a huge reduction in signal reception right after putting my sim card from my Note 9 into the Note 10

I pre ordered it at Besr Buy.

ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@RedDragon 

Can you maybe shed some light on carrier bands for branded firmware vs bands for unlocked firmware? Is there a difference? 

I feel like this is more of a carrier thing and not a Samsung thing, but I'm not sure.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
Samsungnote10plus
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Seems to be a Samsung issue. I have had issues with my unlocked Note 10 plus since I got it. I have had 2 sim cards. Sprint blames Release from Samsung. Sprint got bought out by Tmobile boo. Now my service is worse than ever. No signal. I am supposed to stay on my own wifi and wifi calling to be able to use my phone. When I travel my calls drop people can't hear me it's awful. The worst it's like going back in time. My note 4 works better. If anyone has a solution please let me know.

0 Likes
NukeLife
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It is an unlocked version bought directly from Samsung

0 Likes
SuperSamsung
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I bought the note 10 plus unlock version from samsung and I'm having the same problem my is tmobil at my house had full bars now only 1 and everywhere I go it keeps dropping the calls 

RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@SuperSamsung t-mobile is having national outtages affecting voice calls.. Call their customer service to make sure the network is back in your area.

0 Likes
SuperSamsung
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Tmobil in my area is fine the funny thing is the new Samsung Galaxy Note 10 plus unlock from Samsung website only have 2 or 1 bars right and when i remove the sim card and put on my old Samsung note 9 from tmobile I have almost full bars how is that possible and these is not the first time these happened I had the same problem with the note 9 unlock from samsung website had to change for tmobile version why is that ? Any one can explain?  Different antenna or what ?

NukeLife
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The Note 8 is branded AT&T

0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@ChazzyJ Yea I answer these kind of questions for like 2.2 million times for many years total lol.

@NukeLife Okay don't base your signal strength on the icon indicator on the top of the screen. Signal strenght depends on many cicumstances it can be different LTE band frequencies you are connected to or the software of the phone. US unlocked phones only has 4 total bars for signal indication whereas the carrier brand it's 5 total bars so it depends on all cicurmanstances but don't base your strength on indicator on the top. Both Unlocked smasung devices and carrier have the same LTE bands so no worries about connection.

- For example a -60dBm to -70dBm should give you full LTE bars and -71 to -80dBm should give you 4 bars but on T-Mobile even on -100dBm it still give you full bars they're doing this to trick customers to think they have better coverage than other network.

now with AT&T unlocked note 10+. This has been discussed so many times with AT&T engineers and samsung engineers (I think) to enable VoLTE (Voice over LTE) enabled on these unlocked devices but AT&T is MIA on this discussion. Without VoLTE the calls will route to 3G(H+) which on AT&T it is shutting down in few years and I believe they already shutting down on some areas. The phone will constantly switching 3G and LTE once you receive and drop the call. This has nothing to do with the phone but the Network itself to blame. AT&T is slowly or not allowing BYOD devices to get VoLTE. I have been nagging AT&T customer service to have VoLTE enabled on these devcies.

APN does not have to do with calls and call quality. APN is just a settigns where to route your data to the network this is just mainly mobile data.

In conclusion ther is nothign wrong with the device when it comes to call drop or quality most of these issues are on the network side of the connection. I suggest, also, to restart the device once in a week to refresh the connection between your device to the cell tower. Also, ask AT&T when to enable VoLTE on these devices they say "by end of this year" but so far no progress.

NukeLife
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have switched to Verizon with the same issues. Unfortunately, this is becoming a common issue across multiple sources. 

Signal staying in the 100dBm range. Thank you for informing me about the signal indicator being incorrect seems that Samsung needs to address this in an update to give the correct readings instead of false readings on their unlocked devices with their carriers.  I didn't know that Samsung allowed that on their devices.

Verizon, AT&T and Samsung technical support are aware of the issues and are supposedly working on fixing it with a software update. Samsung hasn't given a timeline yet.  

0 Likes