cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Galaxy Note 10 Plus GPS is wildly inaccurate.

My Note 10 Plus- 256 GB LTE on verizon is having strange GPS issues constantly, I'll be sitting at home or in the car and it will randomly jump around to different locations. Makes it impossible to navigate or play Pokémon GO. I've tried clearing Cache of all nav apps, I've tried clearing the actual cache partition, I've reset AGPS using GPS status, I've power cycles the phone countless times, I'm up to date on all updates as far as I can tell, I've tried moving to places that are within direct line of sight to the sun, I've tried everything I can think of aside from factory resetting the phone as I dont want to go through the hassle of setting everything up again. It comes and goes most times but the past three days I've been unable to use any navigation tools.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Note 10 Plus GPS is wildly inaccurate.

Have you tried wiping the cache partition? Is High Accuracy turned on in your Google settings?

Google Link

Highlighted

@SamsungGill Yes, I've already attempted all of that to no avail, I've tried toggling between the options to see if one might provide better results but they do not. I have cleared the cache partition multiple times as well, I even have in and tried factory resetting my phone and it didn't work. I think at this point I might just need to get this phone replaced or fixed

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If the software on the device is up to date, I would check with your carrier to ensure that you have the most recent Baseband version.

Highlighted

How would i go about confirming that with them? I just had an update today that hasn't fixed any of the issues I was having. Nothing has worked, I'm just curious if at this point I should reach out for a warranty replacement or not.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Try recalibrating the GPS compass

Highlighted

I've already attempted that

Highlighted
Astronaut

I've had only Samsung for over 5 years, currently S20... The only one not to have GPS issues. I upgrade every year & there S20 has me down to my specific apartment number with my GPS! FINALLY!!!