Original topic:

Galaxy Note 10 Plus Google widget mic not working

(Topic created: 10-07-2021 02:57 PM)
MattMint
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I need some help please with my Galaxy Note 10 plus for the last 5 days this issue has been occurring. When I manually tap on the microphone icon on my Google Search widget and use my voice to look something up the screen just says listening and will not function however if I restart the phone it does start to work again but only for a little while and then stops working again. If I say hi or hey Google that functions still works perfectly fine. It is only when I press the microphone symbol in my search bar and speak into the phone the screen just says listening and will not go any further unless I restart the phone again. Can someone please help me resolve this issue. By the way I have cleared my cache and all updates and software updates have all been installed.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Since you have tried clearing the Google app's cache with no success I would recommend a partition cache clear that is good at weeding.out software bugs without resorting to the nuclear option of a factory reset. Here are the steps:
https://thedroidguy.com/how-to-clear-cache-partition-on-galaxy-note10-easy-steps-to-refresh-the-syst...
0 Likes
MattMint
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thank you, I did try that also ready. I really can't think of anything else to try.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be a when software doesn't function as we expect. As you have tried the basic troubleshooting step, I would recommend reaching out to Google directly as it's the Google microphone you are experiencing these symptoms with.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
MattMint
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I went to San Francisco for the last 3 days and it worked fine over there and now I am back home in Denver Colorado and once again it is not functioning!!!! So would this be some type of T-mobile network error????
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

That you for that information. Definitely sounds like it could be a carrier issue. One way to test this would be to try your device on Wi-Fi to see if you experience these same symptoms.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes