- Mark as New
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Report Inappropriate Content
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hello, We understand how disappointing it is when the wireless charging is not working. Because of the screen that showed the "Downloading" message, the first thing we recommend is clearing the cache partition and repairing apps.
1. Turn off the device. This is important as your device won’t boot to Recovery Mode when it’s on.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
3. Once the Android Recovery screen comes up, release the buttons.
4. Use the Volume Down button until you are highlighting ‘Wipe cache partition.’
5. Press the Power button to select ‘Wipe cache partition.’
6. Use Volume Down to highlight Yes.
7. Press the Power button to confirm the action to clear the cache.
8. Wait for a second as the system wipes the cache.
9. Press the Power button again to reboot the device. This will return the device to the normal interface.
Follow these same steps for repairing the apps.
If the phone will still not charge wirelessly, make sure that the phone and all the apps are updated.
We also recommend testing the phone in Safe Mode. This will let you know if there is an app interfering with the wireless charging. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/
A final step of troubleshooting is a backup and factory reset of the phone. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/
If you have completed all of these steps and the phone will still not charge wirelessly, we recommend having the phone evaluated at an authorized service location. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.
For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html