cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 120hz Screen Refresh Rate and Ghosting Issues!!

I was really looking forward to watching videos and movies with the new Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 120hz adaptive screen refresh rate feature. Come to find out, the 120hz adaptive screen refresh rate doesn't work while watching videos on Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, and or Youtube, even with the adaptive screen refresh rate active. I also noticed when the display is on WQHD+ screen resolution, the 60hz screen refresh rate is unstable. It looks as though the screen is running on 30hz instead of 60hz refresh rate when on WQHD+ screen resolution. I noticed huge ghosting issues when scrolling on WQHD+ screen resolution as well. The images on the screen seems to be following itself around and is blurry at the edges. I have a Galaxy Note 10+ and never had issues with the 60hz screen refresh rate, and or any ghosting issues. Samsung needs to fix these issues asap. Very unacceptable for a $1,300 flagship phone.

P.S. It seems as though someone working with Samsung deleted this post because I can't seem to find the original post. So this is actually a repost 😡
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 120hz Screen Refresh Rate and Ghosting Effect Issues!!

yes, i saw that on mine. first i thought, may be because of used to 120hz, so our eye's think its slow on 60hz. but then i did a side by side comparison with note 10 60hz with 20 ultra 60hz. and yes, 20 ultra seems its moving on 30hz.
im so disappointed with buying this phone
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 120hz Screen Refresh Rate and Ghosting Issues!!

I also have the same issue. Noticed it the second day I had this phone. I get a bad flickering when scrolling a Google search, also almost everything has a shadow when scrolling and moving around the screen.
I was even able to record the flashing with screen record. so it's a software problem.