cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G Protection?

Is galaxy note 20 ultra 5G water proof and moisture proof i mean when we use face serums, face creams and skin moistures etc on our face or skin and mobile touch my face or skin then these things can damage my mobile phone?

And is it also sand, dust, sand water and dust water proof too?

And our face and hands skins producing oils and this oil when touch our mobile then can damage mobile parts like speakers, mics and buttons etc in short time or long time? 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G Protection?

Good Morning, @Airplanet 

The Note 20 Ultra has an IP68 rating which means it is water and dust resistant and can withstand submerges up to 5 feet. This helps protect from water and dust getting in the USB-C port and messing with the internals of the phone. 

However for face creams and things of that nature. Every display will show smudges of some form. To help keep your display clean of smudges; you can keep a micro-fiber cloth around to clean off any smudges from any face screams that may rub off on the display when holding your phone to your face.  If you want to read more about the specs and the IP rating of the Note 20 Ultra; i will provide a link to the official Samsumg website on the Note 20 Ultra. I hope this helps with your decision this holiday season it's a good phone with some really good deals on it right now. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/smartphones/galaxy-note20-5g/specs/

Highlighted
Asteroid

This IP68 certification covers my points or not?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Airplanet  no, iP ratings are protection against the internals of the phone itself. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

i am asking about these things like face and hands skins oils, skin creams and moistures etc when touch from outside of mobile then can damage mobile phone speakers, mics and buttons etc?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Airplanet from my experience, I have heard no complaints about oils, creams and various makes-ups being damaging to the Phone itself. That's not to say that over time caked up dirty could cause blockages of the Microphones and the Speaker grills. So you'd want to make sure you're always keeping your phone as clean as possible to eliminate those potential issues in the long run. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

i am asking thats why because when i touch my mobile with my face and hands skins oils, after food eat oily hands like fried foods etc and hair oil on hairs etc then i am thinking it will damage mobile speakers, mics and buttons etc?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

The Note 20 Ultra 5G is rated IP68

*IP68 is based on test conditions for submersion in up to 5 feet of freshwater for up to 30 minutes. Not advised for beach or pool use.

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/what-is/ip68/#:~:text=Devices%20backed%20by%20an%20internation....

Highlighted
Asteroid

This IP68 certification covers my points or not?

Highlighted

The IP68 rating covers internals. As for your question, your phone shouldn't be damaged from those kinds of things. Just be sure to keep in clean and in a case if possible. Be sure you clean it using a microfiber cloth to ensure you don't scratch the phone.