cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user52mrZJVxFj
Asteroid

Galaxy Note 4 lock screen fingerprint and password locks not responding to input

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The fingerprint scanner and password on my Galaxy Note 4's lock screen only occasionally responds to input. There is not feedback of any kind when I swipe my finger over the home key; No vibrations, no images, no text, nothing. When I go to input my back-up password, the keyboard does not even appear. It does eventually start responding again, and I have been able to change my lock. If it's set to just the password, the keyboard appears upon wake up just long enough to input a couple characters before vanishing again (incidentally, the cursor can still be moved). PINs and patterns function normally, as far as I can tell, and I have not tried swiping yet.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user52mrZJVxFj
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Note 4 lock screen fingerprint and password locks not responding to input

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The keyboard works for everything I use it for, including texting.

Actually, I've found the issue is affected by the Peel Smart Remote app. It puts a button on the lock screen, which when tapped disappears and opens a basic TV remote interface in an alert so I can use it as a television remote even when the phone is locked. Dismissing the alert puts the button back on the lock screen. When the button is there, fingerprints and passwords don't respond, but when the alert-interface is open (or even hidden by other alerts) everything works fine. Ever since I discovered this, I've been able to unlock my phone just fine. I suppose I should bring this up with Peel instead?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Supernova

Re: Galaxy Note 4 lock screen fingerprint and password locks not responding to input

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does your keyboard work for other functions? Also other than resetting, are there any troubleshooting steps you've already attempted? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user52mrZJVxFj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The keyboard works for everything I use it for, including texting.

Actually, I've found the issue is affected by the Peel Smart Remote app. It puts a button on the lock screen, which when tapped disappears and opens a basic TV remote interface in an alert so I can use it as a television remote even when the phone is locked. Dismissing the alert puts the button back on the lock screen. When the button is there, fingerprints and passwords don't respond, but when the alert-interface is open (or even hidden by other alerts) everything works fine. Ever since I discovered this, I've been able to unlock my phone just fine. I suppose I should bring this up with Peel instead?

View solution in original post

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great investigative work there! I'm going to have to keep that in mind.

I would say definitely bring it up with Peel Smart Remote app developers, you should be able to find their contact information in the Play Store under the app info.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

uservuDUJkRnCU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This seems to be the same problem I'm having--how do you dismiss the Peel Smart Remote alert?
user52mrZJVxFj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Usually the same way I dismiss other notifications: either by swiping right on the notification or tapping the "Clear" button at the bottom of the list. But it's dismissing the notification that keeps the phone from unlocking.
user52mrZJVxFj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This Peel Smart Remote app has since updated and the issue appears to have been fixed