cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Note 5 randomly vibrates

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I almost had this phone for about a now year, and didn't have a problem until now. My phone randomly vibrates. I don't know if it's a serious problem. I rarely drop my phone and it has a protective case on.  If anyone knows why let me know. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy Note 5 randomly vibrates

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @userqXtdHJqAdp. I just wanted to reach back out and see if those steps helped out! If not, please let the Community know so that they can look into different ideas to help further.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userqXtdHJqAdp

Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Go to Settings > Motion and Gestures > Smart Alert and be sure that is turned off.
  4. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Vision and then turn off Notification Reminder.
  5. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here.  
  6. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @userqXtdHJqAdp. I just wanted to reach back out and see if those steps helped out! If not, please let the Community know so that they can look into different ideas to help further.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for responding, sorry it took so long to replay. I tried this out, but it still vibrates randomly. But I will figure out. Thanks though.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This was possibly one of the worst, most bizarre mysteries I have ever experienced with a Samsung phone. It began 2 days ago when my S9 started vibrating 1x every second, blocking touch input, and refusing to allow me past the lock screen with a correct PIN. Even Safe Mode was no help, if I managed to sneak past the blocking vibrations and get onto the home screen, it still continued. A Samsung Help Chat was useless, they could not troubleshoot the issue. I was beginning to think it was a hardware failure. All attempts at finding the source of the vibration were fruitless. As long as I kept it from sleeping, I could use it without a problem, but if it locked, I could only get past the issue with great difficulty. At this point, I was resigned to replacing a 9 month old, broken phone. I got my stuff backed up and started phone shopping. 

Later, I came across an app on the Samsung store, Nice Catch!, which, when enabled, monitors and logs all phone events. It revealed the demonic culprit to be the Samsung Pay app, strangely. Over the course of 8 or so hours, it logged over 1,800 events by the app. Who cares why. I immediately uninstalled Samsung Pay and the problem vanished. I will NEVER use it again!!!! I was relieved to find the solution,  but what an insane, stressful process which led me to the brink of replacing a $600 phone. Ridiculous. This is Samsung Pay run amok. Garbage!!!This is Samsung Pay run amok. Garbage!!!