Galaxy Note 8 Camera Blurry

Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Note 8 Camera Blurry

So I got my phone early, a week early, I couldn't have been more happy until I started using it.

Almost every phone I take was blurry, took it into best buy (They have a samsung section staffed by samsung guys) and compared it to their demo phone and mine was blurry compared to it. I am really unhappy about it. 

When taking photos, it looks great on screen, yellow circle around faces, but once you take it, blur.

I have attached a picture of a shot while sitting down and not moving.

I contacted support whom asked me to delete the cache and clear data on the camera app to no avail.

Come on samsung, I am not happy.

Attachments

37 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Note 8 Camera Blurry

Back facing camera, not front facing.
Front facing seems to be fine.
Astronaut

Hi. I too am not super happy with my note 8 camera. I've had the phone 2 days now. Any photos takes in daylight appears fine. Not fantastic but not like your - blurry. However, mine are super grainy in low light. 

Cosmic Ray

I am extremely unhappy!  This was a HUGE feature for me.  I take pictures ALL the time as I am a yearbook coordinator and I instruct paint parties and I take pictures of the painters.  I couldn't wait to try out the new camera!  I am SO disappointed!!! I took some simple ones at my son's birthday party last night and 50% of them were blurry!  Again, I take pictures all the time so I am very aware when it's user error or a camera that is subpar. I am SO disappointed to say in this case, it truly is a subpar camera.  I have NEVER had issues with the camera on my Note 5.  I ALWAYS wipe my lens, etc...etc...  I have always been anti-Apple products and VERY PRO Samsung.... with this second time in a row of quality seemingly slipping... I'm not sure I can stay that way. Smiley Sad  I've attached 3 images that should NOT have been blurry at all for ANY reason.  Even the faces are blurry but you can't see them because I blocked them out, obviously.  Just very disheartening.

Did y'all read the manual that explains how to use the dual cameras? With dual cameras and the ability to blur pictures deliberately is it possible you just need to familiarize yourself with how the Camera and various settings work? 

The camera cannot always be blamed, sometimes, what's behind the viewfinder is at fault Smiley Wink 

Constellation

This is garbage. My Note 5 takes better pictures.  

Constellation

Did you take off any plastic protective film that the phone may have shipped with on the lens?

Constellation

I have other dual lens camera phones and even compared it to the display model at best buy.

Also I am not technologically challenged and actually help develop the chrome os while at google.

Even the samsung rep whom tried the phone said it was blurry and no there is no protective film on the camera.

In super bright light it seems better but grainy. But overall this is crap, taking picture side by side with my LG G6 or iphone 6 in the same conditions, on auto and not live focus mode, the difference is clear. I feel the lens are either not stabilized correctly, or not focusing correctly.

Constellation

Are you in Auto mode or Pro mode on the camera?  That could be the issue.