Original topic:

Galaxy Note 9 battery swelling and pushing the phone open

(Topic created: 08-14-2020 04:33 PM)
coman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello,

The battery in my Note9 has started to expand pushing the back out. I'm worried that it might explode or catch on fire. Attaching photos showing how much it has already blown-up.

IMG_20200720_212524.jpgIMG_20200720_212622.jpgIMG_20200720_212705.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello! I'd be more than happy to look into your concerns. May I have the model and serial number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

13 Replies
Georgia2004
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
so far my note 9 only issues is that it start freezing up or it can't connect to the galaxy store. this made me wondering did samsung do something's to push us toward upgrading to the new model, if this is the case, i hate to leave my note 9, I still got my note 4 and have no issue with going back to it or going to an Apple phone, I don't know how to address the issues with your battery problem but if I was you, I would have that look at ASAP, you don't need no exploded battery or even a fire
0 Likes
coman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I agree. Especially since the new Note20 Ultra is a letdown and in many ways is even a downgrade from the earlier S20 Ultra. And also, Note9 is not even that old, especially not old enough to have major and dangerous problems like this.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello! I'd be more than happy to look into your concerns. May I have the model and serial number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

TomT-FL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Samsung Moderator - I am having the same problem (started this morning); my phone now looks exactly the pictures posted originally.

0 Likes
gr007
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
run and duck. mine had the same problem. UBREAKIFIX put in a new battery. around $90 and two hours wait. it started with random shutdowns.
0 Likes
user4JkBXkhH1z
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same here. I had my swollen battery replaced 2 months ago and now the new battery is swollen also. I'm not interested in replacing batteries every 2 months and I have had 3 samsung notes but I am reluctant to buy another if this is going to be a problem

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for reaching out, I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Also, can you please provide me with any ticket numbers you may have?

0 Likes
userpi8wgd7TC4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I had the same exact problem with my Galaxy Note 9.  Your pictures look exactly like mine.  I had to take off the back cover and use paint thinner on a Qtip to get all of the old adhesive off of the inside of the phone and back cover.  Took about 2 hours to get it all off.  Then put in a new battery and new seal.  The phone is only 2 years old.  Makes me think twice about buying another Samsung phone after this.  From reading the messages above, this is definitely not an isolated case.  I have the battery sitting outside until I can bring it to a facility that will dispose of it properly.  I did not want to leave it in the house for fear of it exploding or catching fire.  Samsung needs to look into the reason and cause of this happening.  Very dangerous since we leave our phones unattended over night and also keeping them in our pockets when we are out.  Doesn't sound safe to me.  I have pictures of the battery if Samsung wants to look at them.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can you please provide me with your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

0 Likes