Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Badboy0128
Asteroid

Galaxy Note9 Rear Camera Issue?!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, Samsung Members!

I've been going through some kind of weird problem with my Galaxy Note 9.

Whenever I try to use my tele(zoom)-lens on rear camera, whole picture gets wavy like the ones in attached pictures. Even if I press shutter button, results comes out just like the preview. Sometimes, if it doesnt get wavy, the focus doesnt work and it just becomes unclear at all! I never dropped my phone yet, no water damage, no cracks.

Is this One UI software issue or hardware issue?

I got this phone last October I believe. Should I visit the Samsung store? I don't wanna open the phone for repair process because I heard that IP68 water-resistant feature gets messed up once the phone back glass is removed.

This is very annoying... Help! Smiley Sad

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Hey, Sammies. I tested the camera on safe mode, it still...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the issue happens while in safe mode, repairs are indeed recommended. However, a Samsung authorized repair center has the tools necessary to open the phone and complete the repair while also keeping the water resistant ratings. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Note9 Rear Camera Issue?!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

Badboy0128
Asteroid

No but I tried factory reset on this device but didn't so...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No but I tried factory reset on this device but didn't solve the issue. Should I try that? And if that doesn't work, what should I do?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: No but I tried factory reset on this device but didn't so...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can use these steps to place your device into safe mode: [ Click here for troubleshooting article ]

If the symptoms persist I would be happy to look into your concerns further.

Please keep us posted!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userZC8HIxmPhg
Asteroid

My note 9 is doing the same but it is also vibrating and...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My note 9 is doing the same but it is also vibrating and It sounds like a razor

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: My note 9 is doing the same but it is also vibrating and...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @userZC8HIxmPhg,

Have you tried testing your device in safe mode to see if the same symptoms still appear? 

Badboy0128
Asteroid

Hey, Sammies. I tested the camera on safe mode, it still...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, Sammies.

I tested the camera on safe mode, it still does the same. Just like the girl mentioned at the bottom reply, I clearly hear the lens making some kind of razor sound with a bit of vibration. Picture gets wavy on tele lens. And even if it doesn't go wavy, then the focus wont work at all. I think Samsung gotta look into this issue.

I did some research on this issue and some of the earlier Note9 models have this same issue in all over the World! Some got the entire camera module replaced, some got their phone replaced, some returned it, some just got over with it...(Which is not a camera person!)

This is annoying and Note9 users gotta look into it. Keep trying it and people figure this out!

I dont wanna popped out my back glasses also... :/

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Hey, Sammies. I tested the camera on safe mode, it still...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the issue happens while in safe mode, repairs are indeed recommended. However, a Samsung authorized repair center has the tools necessary to open the phone and complete the repair while also keeping the water resistant ratings.