JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy note 10+ low Battery temp

(Topic created: 12-09-2019 06:03 AM)
Samsung_LLXgNvO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Need help fixing.Cant charge phone. Error message battery temperature to low. Seemed to come on after an update.

Anyone else having issue.

243 Replies
Col_BatGuano
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Not possible, the battery is dead. It's getting mailed in on Monday to be repaired

0 Likes
userLNShwGfz6K
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Tried this and it doesnt help at all

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userLNShwGfz6K Are you using the original charger that came with the device when you experience these symptoms? Have you tried another Samsung charger when you are experiencing these symptoms? Does your charge wirelessly when you are experiencing these symptoms?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Samsung_jA1h7Ef
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I called Samsung support today and they told me that this was not a common issue. Obviously it is an issue for more than just myself. They said my only option was to mail the phone in, and wait a week with no phone. My phone says I have 1% on my battery but I've been on it for an hour and its not dead so...

userXvR2b1eDp3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes. Safe mode doesnt do anything for the issue. Cant reset the phone because it wont charge therefor not helpful. Called att told them of the issue and demanded that i get s10÷ because it is more than likely a hardware issue. Its being sent now

ramori
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This is happening to my new Note10 today (09DEC2019). Cannot charge, message says "Battery too cold to charge". Then in a few minutes I'll get "Battery too hot to charge". The phone is not hot or cold, it is sitting inside my house which is 70F.

So I downloaded a phone sensor app, to monitor battery temp. 

I think the defect is in the battery temp sensor.

The app tells me that the battery temp is 30C, and the charging comes on. Then 10 seconds later the app tells me the temp is -20C, and the charging stops.

Samsung, any advice for Note10 owners on this?

@Col_BatGuano

Col_BatGuano
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Mine was reading a constant -30c 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@ramori I would recommend service repair. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userFH6gXthQNQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

That happened to my s8. Had to get a replacement charging port. The temp sensor inside was broke

Col_BatGuano
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

So a week later it went to Samsung for repairs, I have received it back and it still has the same problem. Not good Samsung, at this point I just want to return the phone and be done with samsung