JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy note 10+ low Battery temp

(Topic created on: 1/19/20 1:30 AM)
Samsung_LLXgNvO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Need help fixing.Cant charge phone. Error message battery temperature to low. Seemed to come on after an update.

Anyone else having issue.

242 Replies
Ranubis
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Just had this happen to me today. Charged all night just fine used it till lunch went to plug it up using the Samsung charger and got the low temperature warning confused I left it plugged up and walked away for 10 minutes came back and the phone was so hot I could barely hold it the battery had went from 75% to 2% in 10 minutes even though the phone was hot still wasn't charging steal the low temperature warning. Rebooted my phone still same issue but he's in safe mode still same issue. Cleared cache still same issue. My phone is in perfect condition have only had it for 4 months. Call Sprint they said to call Samsung. Account Samsung they said they've never heard of this before and told me to go to my nearest Samsung store which happens to be 80 miles away. I said that is unacceptable they offered RMA and it can take up to 3 weeks to get another phone back. So now I get to be without a phone for 3 weeks because Samsung refuses to acknowledge they have issues and come up with a proper fix. This is ridiculous and poor customer service I think my next phone will be a Google pixel I feel like I have wasted $1,200 on a brick.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userxxL8EYTGeY Are you using the original charger that came with the device when you experience these symptoms? Have you tried another Samsung charger when you are experiencing these symptoms? Does your charge wirelessly when you are experiencing these symptoms?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useruvYWTCEeSg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am also now seeing this in my SECOND Note 10+ 5g. Wireless and wired charging with original Samsung and 3rd party chargers.

This is getting very frustrating. Happened to first phone 15 days in and thus one is about 15 days in as well.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@useruvYWTCEeSg I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userzM3mhGR9ts
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm from Australia.

I've taken my 1st device back 3 times and had the problem re-emerge within a day each time. Wasted literally days of my time with transport and waiting for a "genius" appointments to become available. Not to mention the time it takes to restore and input accounts and passwords to all my apps etc.

After the third time, they would not replace the device so I bought a new one and requested a refund, which they eventually agreed to.

I fire up my new device and set off to Japan on a family vacation. Two days in, I plug in to charge and hear those 2 aweful beeps and that all to familiar message.

Ive owned at least 10 samsung phones over the years and apart from the Note 7, never before had a problem. 

Really not happy with amount of time ive wasted with this device and the lack of acknowledgement from Samsung to apologise or compensate.

userpZNjK58jZt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

We are having the same problem.  Today my son got his 3rd note10+. He got the error message within 4 hrs of exchanging it! He switched from iPhone b/c of the problems he had with Apple. Now I think he's regretting it. Samsung- you need to make this right!

userQdY29swywV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Wow.. thought I am the only one with this " Note 10 phone won't charge due to temperature too low". Ofcourse I am in my warm master bedroom with temperature around 70F. Just happened to me last week intermittently and today it won't charge at all, so I took it to TMobile and they said it will take around 3 days, they can replace with another refurbished phone or I can go straight to another TMobile center about 100 miles away, and they may be able to exchange it on the spot. Just bought the brand new phone and with warranty so I can have peace of mind.. now I have to swap the SIMM card out to the old Note 5 while the Note 10 going back to Samsung for repair. Hope Samsung comes up with a solution soon. There are so many upset customers out there.

Does anyone have a fix yet? <edit>

userSMuk64BGI5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

guess what, first my NFC died, contacted Samsung and they told me to take it to UBREAKIFIX # 345 - Lake Forest, CA. I took it to them, they ordered the NFC part after saying that is what is bad, few days later I took phone for repair and after 3 hrs they gave phone back to me and said they could not fix it and that motherboard needs to be replaced and that I need to contact Samsung. Well phone was working perfectly fine before these opened it and now I get the cold temp. charging issue and battery showingn 1% and not charging wirelessly OR wired. I cant believe how incompetent these folks are and so is Samsung. I am glad Verizon is my carrier and they are sending me replacement in 24-hrs. have no faith in Sansung customer service at all. if it was apple product, I would get it replaced on the spot when under warranty.

Marv22
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a Note 10 that I bought directly from Samsung.  This same thing started happening yesterday.  Temp too low message, intermittent rapid battery drain, charged some, and now the low temp no charge message is constant.  I've wiped the cache partition, factory reset many times, tried multiple Samsung chargers, problem is only getting worse.  Now, I have to spend half a day driving across the city to the Mall of America to Ubreakwefix just to be told it has to be sent to Samsung.  It does this whether it's on a Samsung wireless charger or plugged into the wall.  I cannot believe this garbage that I purchased for nearly a grand a couple of months ago.  I had 2 Note 7's and all of that run around.  Now, I'll be without my phone for who knows how many months and whether or not it will even work when it comes back.  I have so much Samsung tech in my home.  TV's and speakers.  I've been a brand fan for years and wouldn't buy anything else.  Not anymore.  This Note 10 battery issue that they are not owning (like Note7 initially) is yet another example of the poor quality craftsmanship and rushed to market failures that consumers end up paying for that have become Synonymous with Samsung.  This phone is a lemon and it shouldn't be my burden financially or with time wasted (already hours with Samsung "customer service" and attempts to get the phone to function properly.  Samsung equals lemons and fatal hardware failures.  It won't be long until it goes the way of LG.  Can't sustain a base market for 1k devices if you keep taking advantage of consumers to save face and rush products to market that fail and have proven unsafe in the past.  What a disappointment; I preordered this lemon as soon as I could.  I was so excited.  Never again Samsung.

userYVTmQMzcdc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've had the same issue. I've sent it in for repairs since it's under warranty, with no success.  They've said they've fixed it but 2 days later I have the same issue. I'm hoping Samsung will just give me a new device since this is clearly an issue with the phone its self.

0 Likes