JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy note 10+ low Battery temp

(Topic created: 04-29-2020 04:25 PM)
Samsung_LLXgNvO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Need help fixing.Cant charge phone. Error message battery temperature to low. Seemed to come on after an update.

Anyone else having issue.

243 Replies
BrionLee
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks for the suggestion, but I wear my phone on my belt clip and have for over a decade and I always plug in to charge - I never use the wireless charge ability of my phone. This is why I was so amazed that taking off the cover worked for me - I can see no reason why the Otter Box Defender Pro cover would affect the battery temperature sensor reading and in fact it has worked fine for almost six weeks since I bought it. There was a recent software update though. I felt silly taking off my cover at the AT&T tech's request because I truly did not see how that could help. Silly me.

0 Likes
BrionLee
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Of course it is still possible that I bent the phone ever so slightly while removing the case, although it does not require me to put any such stress force in such direction while removing the case (you put outward processure on the small clips that hold the top to the bottom). If it happens again, I will try to be more careful. I did remove the USB cable to take off the case since it runs through a hole in the rubber surround bumper, but I may try to leave it plugged in if possible next time.

0 Likes
Extragooey
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@BrionLee It could be that the temperature sensor is no longer in contact with the battery even if you don't usually carry the phone like I do. With my phone, I can almost always get it to charge again by bending the phone with my thumbs on the back of the device. If this works for you, perhaps your issue is the exact same as mine, regardless of how our phones got there. Give it a try.

0 Likes
BrionLee
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I will keep this in mind if it happens again. It is still charging just fine, thank goodness.

0 Likes
SamMint
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Could be a software issue

0 Likes
useriaKh2Vyyf8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

HI, DID YOU FIND A SOLUTION FOR THIS ISSUE, IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10 PLUS....

user5ywiAqHy7l
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

I'm using note 10 plus from 6 months. The phone is not charging due to low temparsture issue from today. Charging stays at 1pc when I connect to charger. The phone is showing low temparature even when it is not. What is your policy on replacing the phones and how long you need to fix this.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks for reaching out! I recommend having the phone evaluated by a certified technician. I will be happy to look into the options. Please send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number of the phone. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user5ywiAqHy7l
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Sent you the details. Let me know..

0 Likes
userZzRnsx9xVv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

I have the same issue with my note 10 plus. I tried having the phone repaired at an authorised service center but the issue popped up a few days after i got my device back. 

Thr issue started after I got a the recent update from samsung. 

Been using samsung phones for the past 5 years. This is very disappointing.