Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OvM
Constellation

German Note 7 "trapped" in the USA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I have trouble with the Samsung Support in Germany. To make it short: I bought a Note 7 in Germany, go on vacation in the USA. At the time of the recall, there was no chance to give it back bevor the Flight. So, I asked Lufthansa. They told me, there is no problem with the Note 7, I can take it along if I shut it off. At the JFK airport during the check-in at the 15th of October, they told me, I’m not allowed to take the cellphone with me on board (by Law). I was the first customer at the JFK with a Note 7 who was affected by these forbade. No one at the airport could tell me, where I can leave my phone (a day Later there was a solution for these problem, but not when I checked in). So I Send it to friends of mine to CT (to send it with FedEx to Germany -> only via Air-Mail and this is..... Smiley Mad). Now my Phone is in Middletown, CT 06457 USA. No chance to send it by post - no one will take the Note 7 anymore. I am back in Germany and need the Phone here to give it back to the Shop, to get back my money. Samsung support told my, they can do nothing, I should contact Samsung USA. Samsung USA tells me I must contact Samsung Germany and so on and so on.... Mostly I’ve heard "Oh, this is difficult, we call you back" nothing ever happens until I called back. Now, is there anybody how can help me?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: German Note 7 "trapped" in the USA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Greetings @OvM

We highly suggest that you contact the Samsung Support in your region. They may not be able to get you the device back, but with receipts the airport provide and proof of the flight, they should be able to work with you to get some sort of refund or other suitable solution!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Greetings @OvM

We highly suggest that you contact the Samsung Support in your region. They may not be able to get you the device back, but with receipts the airport provide and proof of the flight, they should be able to work with you to get some sort of refund or other suitable solution!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

jeb3d1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm going to  Middleburyon Wednesday and I 'd be happy to pick up  your  phone and send it to you .  Email me at *Edited* to make the necessary arrangements .  Jim S.