cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userV8Or006z9J
Cosmic Ray

Getting tired of Samsung... Please read.

I recently got the Note 10+ because I love really big screens and it just seemed ideal. This is my 3rd Samsung device. My first was the Note 2 and then I had the S8+. I had trouble for a while. On the Note 2 I stopped receiving updates and I had to start using custom roms until Verizon locked my bootloader and made my device worthless. On the S8+ I had issues with Google ("Hey Google" was available for every other device on the market except Samsung, probably something to do with Bixby) and even after we finally got it, it only worked half the time. Smart Lock trusted places NEVER worked for me on the S8+ and I really liked this feature, as fumbling with putting a pin or using fingerprint scanner wasn't always ideal, and face unlock only works in certain situations. Now with the Note 10+ I have the following issues. Smart Lock trusted places STILL doesn't work all the time, the built-in-screen fingerprint scanner only works half the time, and my PS4 controller which I've used to play games on my phone for years doesn't work unless plugged in and the mapping is all messed up. The battery life is also worse than my previous devices. I used the phone today for 10 minutes and lost 10%. Oh and guess what? Hey Google still only works when it feels like it. Other devices don't seem to have these issues. Why does Samsung? Why are we still on Android 9 Pie when everyone else is on 10 Q? This is a $1000 phone. Why does it feel like it's worth much less? Other Android phones don't have as many features but they aren't premium devices like this one.  And I hate Apple as a business but they seem better and better these days. Samsung get your stuff fixed or you'll start losing customers. Starting with me.

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung_wueEiII
Astronaut

Re: Getting tired of Samsung... Please read.

Try registering your same fingerprint a few different times. It really helps with the accuracy. Also, your fingerprint has to be clean in order for it to work effectively. I would dive into the Device Care and see what is draining your battery down. I have the Note10 plus myself and the battery life is exceptional.

userV8Or006z9J
Cosmic Ray

I'll try this, thanks.

userV8Or006z9J
Cosmic Ray

Unfortunately I'm still having issues with the fingerprint scanner and I've registered both of my thumb prints twice. Perhaps I need to register one thumbprint four times. This is kind of ridiculous.

Samsung_wueEiII
Astronaut

Also, you can sign up for the OneUI beta program and run Android 10 right now. I have the second One UI update on my Note10 plus right now and it is running Android 10. The stable version of the Android 10 update should be released in February. Although, I haven't had any major issues with the OneUI Version 2 Beta updates at all.

userV8Or006z9J
Cosmic Ray

I can't sign up for 10 beta as I don't have an unlocked device.

Nebula

No battery problems with my note 10 + and hey Google has worked for me on every single Samsung phone I've had and I've had many trust me.

userV8Or006z9J
Cosmic Ray

It was NOT available on the S8 until Android 9. Ok Google was but Hey Google wasn't. My friend who has an S9 also didn't have it until then. Now that it is available, I often have to say hey Google two or three times to get it to activate. Yet hi Bixby works perfectly each and every time.

Also on S8 I would charge it to 80% (or whatever number you want) and it would stay at that number for a long time until I picked up the phone and started using it. This note 10+ starts losing its charge almost immediately after disconnecting the charger.

userv2kZSU3VRP
Constellation

Apple is not getting better and better everyday. I have an iPhone and Note 10+. I can confidently say Apple is getting worse and worse when it's comes to iPhone. I love my Note 10+ more than my iphone. I am just so tired of Apple.

Highlighted
userV8Or006z9J
Cosmic Ray

Can you play games with a ps4 controller on iPhone? Is there a faulty fingerprint scanner? Does Siri just ignore you when you call her 3 or 4 times? Does the face unlock feature not work unless you're in light and perfect conditions?