JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google Play Music Vs. Samsung Music Player. . .

(Topic created: 09-04-2018 08:08 PM)
TheExclusivist
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm currently using Google Play Music but I'm considering switching to the Samsung Music Player from the Galaxy App store. I found literally ZERO reviews on the site itself. 

The interface is more sleek in my opinion.

Any main differences ?  

Has anyone tried both?

Any issues with playlists or sd card reading?

Please advise.All input appreciated

-Galaxy Note9 Owner

➠ᏰᏰMG'z ᵀᴿᴵᴾ7ˢᴱᵀ √ᴱᴿᴵᶠᴵᴱᴰ⥄

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Drak3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The big difference is that Samsung's player (and all 3rd party music players) can't read music bought on Google Play without a little extra work involving a laptop/desktop and Google's Play Music Manager program.

View solution in context

11 Replies
Solution
Drak3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The big difference is that Samsung's player (and all 3rd party music players) can't read music bought on Google Play without a little extra work involving a laptop/desktop and Google's Play Music Manager program.

TheExclusivist
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Whoa!

That's kind of a shock to me.

I'm almost sure this has something to with D.igital M.edia R.ights.

I remember when iTunes started that madness.

Another question while on the topic.

Ehhh actually I'm going to try and transfer the music I bought on iTunes to Samsung player (not Google play because i know for a fact it works there).

BTW your response helped alot.

Thanks !

➠ᏰᏰMG'z ᵀᴿᴵᴾ7ˢᴱᵀ √ᴱᴿᴵᶠᴵᴱᴰ⥄
0 Likes
Dookistan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

i personally cannot stand GPM as an offline music player. It works, but that is the best I can say. Samsung music player is a very clean player that works and looks good. But two issues I have with it are it has a 1,000 song playlist limit and it will not read m3u files (standard playlist files) that are already on the phone, even though it creates it's own m3u files when you create a playlist. It's been a few months since I tried it so they might have fixed it. 

I spend a lot of time offline for work so I need files stored on my phone otherwise I am stuck with staticky radio. My method is to use Rocket Player pro with iSyncer pro, same developer. They are made to integrate with itunes playlists and has the ability to edit the playlists on the phone and on itunes, including metadata. While not a perfect solution as it does hickup occasionally the customer service is the best I have found. Been using the service since my Note 2

0 Likes
apkwebs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Samsung Music or Google Play Music

What's changed now is that Google is making enhancements to the Play Music service exclusively for Samsung customers. For example, Galaxy S8 owners can upload up to 100,000 tracks to the service's cloud locker, making them available to stream from anywhere. For all other Play Music listeners, the limit remains 50,000. But nowadays I'm using poweramp music player for my Samsung devices because of their service too much good. Thanks
For more android apps, games go to Apkwebs.com
0 Likes
m057584
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi Drak3,

Thank you for the information about Samsung's player (and all 3rd party music players) being unable to read music bought on Google Play.

Can you provide the steps involving a laptop/desktop and Google's Play Music Manager Program to play music bought on Google Play using Samsung's player?

Thank you in advance. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

NOT YOUR. I have tons of music purchased from the play store and even the app store and all my music plays just food, no need to do anything at all.

0 Likes
S10plusUser374
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Samsung Music Is Better In My Opinion.

userJL0RWzYx52
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Samsung music is way better if you simply play from your phone/card storage. Google music is a major battery hog and hits you with ads. I wish samsung was still actively developing their app, which I've read they are not.

userfMmaHrEhXj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Google music plays from my SD card logically. It's got library, playlists, albums, songs.  they switched to you tube and it was horrid. Couldn't find anything.

I tried Samsung music app.  It doesn't have a library function, can't figure out how to make my own playlist - it decided to put 900 songs into a playlist - very few of them were related.  I feel it's just a big mess.

0 Likes