JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google Play Store error

(Topic created: 01-20-2020 08:24 PM)
greasegizzard
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This started a little over a month ago on my Note 8 and has just recently started on my Note 10 Plus. Sometimes when I open the Play Store, a notification pops up saying "Update Google Play services  Google Play Store won't run unless you update Google Play services" It never affected anything on my Note 8 with Android 9. But on my Note 10 Plus, which I've had about a week and it just started doing this yesterday, no new software updates applied, I updated to Android 10 the day I got the phone, but yesterday I couldn't download apps or updates. I cleared the cache and force stopped Google Play Store, Play Services, and Download Manager and it started working again. I thought that fixed it, but the notification just popped up again. Today, I was still able to download, though. I have automatic updates enabled. And when I click on the notification, it takes me to Google Play services in the Play Store, but the only option is Deactivate, no update option. So I assume I have the most current version installed. I didn't mind this on my two year old Note 8, but this is pretty annoying for a brand new phone that costs this much. Anyone have any ideas?

5 Replies
3kingDavid6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My Galaxy 7 is having the same problem and I dont know what to do or how to fix it I've tried everything

Samsung_HCJR9va
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Instead of clearing the catch open settings,apps,playstore, then force stop, clear data, then just down a bit open set defaults clear that and close the app. Then go back to settings, top right corner hit the 3 dots, special access, optimize battery, select all apps, select playstore and make sure the app toggle off. Hopefully this works worked for me.

0 Likes
greasegizzard
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for the tips. I will try them in the morning.

@Samsung_HCJR9va wrote:

Instead of clearing the catch open settings,apps,playstore, then force stop, clear data, then just down a bit open set defaults clear that and close the app. Then go back to settings, top right corner hit the 3 dots, special access, optimize battery, select all apps, select playstore and make sure the app toggle off. Hopefully this works worked for me.

0 Likes
Solution
greasegizzard
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Unfortunately, nothing mentioned here worked. I even contacted Google Support twice and nothing they suggested worked either. I finally stumbled across this thread on the Google Support Community in a search result. The first link to Google Play Services in the Play Store worked and allowed me to update Play Services. I'm not sure what was causing the issue, but it has not happened since.

Samsung_mzCq3l0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have been experiencing the same issues with the Play Store when downloading apps. I read this on another forum disable bluetooth and reboot then try downloading or updating apps. So far this is the only way I can get play store to work correctly. Hopefully Samsung will come out with a fix for this quick.

0 Likes