cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersWhmovarNB
Asteroid

HAS ANYONE ELSE GOTTEN A NOTE 10+ THAT HAS THE SERIAL # REMOVED? NEED YOUR ADVICE AND HELP!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Bought an unlocked version of the Note 10+ directly from Samsung with power bank/wireless ear buds option. The power bank showed up about a week ago in a box with no paperwork. Today, a box with the ear buds and the phone came along with the receipt.

As I carefully opened the phone box and took out the phone, was shocked to see the back of the phone had a big smear of glue in the cutout where the serial number sticker should have been!  The entire SERIAL # sticker had been removed.  What in the world? Thought I was getting a NEW phone?  What in the world is going on?  It was no where in the box either just to be clear.

Immediately called Samsung and went through hours of waiting. Finally after talking to a rep who was extremely rude talking so fast I could not understand him and not answering my questions, I finally requested a supervisor and had to wait another extended period.  When he finally came on, told him about the missing serial # and he told me the steps to take to return it. Found it very strange that he never paused to ask me a single question about the missing serial number sticker and instead went straight to how to return it.  He said he was noting on my account that the phone was being returned because "it had been tampered with."  Very interesting.

The supervisor told me to keep the ear buds and power bank and said that after they receive the phone back, they will issue a refund but then I would have to make a NEW order for the phone at whatever price they are currently charging and THEN after receiving the new phone, I will have to call them at which time, he said they will reimburse me for the difference. He said he didn't know how long this would take to get the refund.

This is really terrible treatment for a loyal Samsung customer. who also has a Samsung TV, Tablet and other older phones.   This treatment so far has really weakened my loyalty to the brand so far.

Also sounds very shady as to why the SERIAL # was REMOVED in the first place.

For consumers who are paying a huge amount of money for a product that SHOULD be BRAND NEW AND NOT MESSED UP BY SOMEONE OR SOMETHING, THIS IS REALLY BAD BUSINESS.  They could at least maKe a notation on my account so I could call and they could place the order for the new Note 10+ over the phone at the special offer price that I originally paid and not make me go through any more hoops.  No telling how long my funds are going to be tied up either.  

The supervisor tried emailing me the return label, but apparently FedEx hasn't updated their info noting that it has been delivered, so he said for me to do it whenever it registers as delivered. What in the world is going on? This just does NOT seem right. I've never gotten a phone with the serial number missing and glue smeared where it had been on a brand new phone. He said he was making a notation on my account regarding this problem so when I call back they will be able to see it.  I certainly do hope so.

They have my $1,099.99 and I have NO new Note 10+ phone. 

Am so upset that I am seriously considering returning ALL of it and getting a refund so I can and go with another brand that has a better camera.  I don't need this kind of stress that make my health issues worse.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments to help me get this straightened out, it would greatly be appreciated.  Also, my advice to those of you who are thinking about purchasing this phone would be to get the phone from a local store where you can physically  inspect the phone before purchasing it, or just go with another brand who does not have this kind of terrible policy for damaged or "tampered with" phones.  It's not my fault that the phone arrived in a used condition,  but I'm still being made to bear the burden of having a huge amount of money tied up without having any idea when the NEW phone will ever arrive or how this "refund" transaction will go.

Thanks for taking the time to read this any for any advice you might have.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Carrier branded phones usually come with serial number/IM...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Carrier branded phones usually come with serial number/IMEI sticker on the back of the phone. When I unpacked my unlocked Note10, there was no sticker. Look at different Note10 unboxing videos, there were no stickers as far as I remember

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Honored Contributor

Carrier branded phones usually come with serial number/IM...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Carrier branded phones usually come with serial number/IMEI sticker on the back of the phone. When I unpacked my unlocked Note10, there was no sticker. Look at different Note10 unboxing videos, there were no stickers as far as I remember

View solution in original post

usersWhmovarNB
Asteroid

Re: Carrier branded phones usually come with serial number/IM...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you SO very much for taking the time to share your knowledge with me.  I did look at the unboxing of unlocked models and they didn't have the serial #'s on them either, so am feeling better enough to go ahead and start to transfer my files to the new phone tomorrow.  Really appreciate it.  Was really panicking and frustrated because I couldn't get the info anywhere.  Thanks so much!

Highlighted
usersWhmovarNB
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also, guess I was thinking back to my Note 8 because it was unlocked but still came with a serial #.  Go figure.  They are always changing things I guess.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung makes phones look cleaner Smiley Happy

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HAS ANYONE ELSE GOTTEN A NOTE 10+ THAT HAS THE SERIAL # REMOVED? NEED YOUR ADVICE AND HELP!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have the ticket number associated with this via private message?

user7NiBVxBjzl
Astronaut

I'm telling you from experience, 2 carriers, and EIGHT re...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm telling you from experience, 2 carriers, and EIGHT replacement phones later, Samsung is a RIP off. Their phone technology is a sham at best and the customer service is worst. I've been through a host of cell phone brands in my time, but none has come close to giving me the technical difficulties that I've experienced with the Galaxy line; starting with the Galaxy 8. I'm now using the Galaxy 9 and already I've had to replace it THREE times for technical malfunctions. I hate to cross over to Apple but at this point I'm finding that I have no real choice. Am I the only one in this universe experiencing these technical difficulties with Galaxy phones?

Konsento2020
Constellation

Re: HAS ANYONE ELSE GOTTEN A NOTE 10+ THAT HAS THE SERIAL # REMOVED? NEED YOUR ADVICE AND HELP!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I didn't read ur whole problem but i did have the same concern about the sticker not being there on the back of the phone. I was very "annoyed" (they didn't allow me to put the actual word I meant to use) and I contacted them about it. Of course they gave me the most incompetent response that solved nothing and made me feel worse about why I was calling them but in the end I told them to make Note (get it?) to NEVER remove the sticker again because they are doing it deliberately. The sticker is put there when the phone is manufactured and they are manually removing them for NO REASON. I told them that as much as I'm paying for these phones IT'S MY RIGHT to remove or not remove the sticker.

If they dare do this again I'm returning the phone and switching to iPhone or 1+ or anything but Samsung. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I completely understand how much this experience has affected you. I wish I was equipped to handle your order information, but instead, I suggest you reach out to our E-Commerce department at, 1-855-726-8721. You'll be in good hands there. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.