Original topic:

Headphones not working

(Topic created on: 12/20/20 10:17 AM)
useruNIVPbJViQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My headphones stopped working all of a sudden. I tried updating and restarting the phone. Please help i need them working asap.

0 Likes
8 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
kind and type? (wired or Bluetooth) stopped how like cutout while using or plugged in to use and nothing? any new phone updates? how long you had them for? need info for me to properly guide you through some troubleshooting.
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Are these the headphones that came with the phone? Have you tried a different set of headphones to see if the phone is no longer reading them?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useruNIVPbJViQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
they are the wired headphones that came with the phone..when i plug them in the phone is recognizing them as a charger and absolutely no sound is coming out of them..the sound comes out from the speakers..i tried them on my husband's phone and they still don't work.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
just started doing this or don't know cause you've never tried them till now? recognize how? states on screen charging followed by a prompt for connection check due to weak charging detection? this ones a stupid one but... plugged in the right place? your husband's oem headphones, same thing in your phone? not to pry, working asap why only for use to suggest alternatives incase we can't get them working if there are any depending on what.
0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If you've tried them on a second device and they still do not work, its possible you would need to have them replaced. If after you try the steps @SelfProclaimedBest has recommended and you find you do need to replace them, Samsung can send you a new pair at no cost as long as the phone is still under warranty. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useruNIVPbJViQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
yes i have completed all these steps...i have tried everything and they are not working for no reason...they were not damaged or anything...i use them all the time
0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Unfortunately the best I have for you, is that sometimes they just die. You are more than welcome to shoot me a message here with your model code and IMEI and I'd be happy to look into sending you out a replacement set: https://bit.ly/3pE8Pkc

0 Likes
useruNIVPbJViQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
thank you! i just messaged you
0 Likes