Original topic:

Help. Samsung Repair team broke my Note20 Ultra and I do not know what to do

(Topic created: 10-27-2021 03:13 PM)
userGYPZP9JpbZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello Samsung Community,

I am at a lost and I do not know where to go from here.  I sent my Note20 Ultra in for repair of a green tint display and they returned it disassembled.

In September, I woke up to see that my Note20 Ultra had its screen unlocked and bright green.  It was left on the Samsung wireless charger overnight, and for some reason,  did not go to sleep or screensaver mode.  Therefore the whole screen burned in and now had a uniform green tint.  On September 26, I sent in my phone to Samsung for repair, it was shown that it was still under warranty.  Constantly tracking the service, it was received 2 days later on a Wednesday.  On Friday the status was not changed so I called in to check.  The Samsung rep said that the phone has not been picked up by the repair department and to call back next week.  This is my first week with no phone service, unfortunately I did not have a backup phone, I did not expect the turn around to be so long.

On Monday, the status updated to "Product Received" and I was optimistic that the repair would be a quick screen replacement as the only damage was the green tint, no scratches or dents were visible as I used a Samsung case.  On Wednesday I received an email stating that my phone was out of warranty and there was a cost to the repair.  I checked my products page, and the warranty date even changed by about a month and made the phone out of warranty.  Luckily I took a screenshot of it before beginning the repair process, and after hours on the phone, Samsung was going to honor my warranty and sent an email that the repair was going to be "at no cost to you".  So I waited.  On Friday I called for an update and the Samsung rep told me work has not started and to call back next week.  This is my second week without service.

The third week I rotated from calling and using the chat, I could not find an email to use for support.  Every reply just stated that the "Product under inspection" and when I pushed for an update, Samsung said the phone has not been worked on.  That Friday when I called and received the same response, I asked to have my repair cancelled since it has not been worked on going on 3 weeks of no service. I had the rep confirm that I WILL receive my products (Note20 Ultra and the Samsung wireless charger that caused the issue) in the same condition that I sent them in. Samsung was quick to cancel my ticket.  That was on October 15, I didn't receive my phone until October 21.

When I opened the package, I saw that the Note20 Ultra was obviously tampered with, even though no one at Samsung could confirm that the repair was ever started, even when Samsung said they have contacted the Repair team.  The front and back screens were disassembled from its frame and was not fully attached back into place, I dared not to push it back into place nor try to turn it on.  So I called back since this was not what I agreed to. Samsung agreed to open the ticket back up to have the case reviewed and I would have a reply within 2 business days, this was a Wednesday.  I called back on Monday since I have not heard back by either phone call or email.  The Samsung rep was going to transfer me to her manager, but the manager was busy so she asked me if her manager can call me back within 24 hours, I agreed.  As of today, it has been over 24 hours and no call.

Not knowing what else to do, I've turned to the community to see what are my options.  Am I out of luck?  I have bought Samsung products for over a decade, but I don't want to continue if this the level of service I am expected to get.  The details I left out are the countless calls and support chats, the number of hours on hold, and half the time I was blamed that I sent Samsung a broken phone or that I agreed to had it returned tampered.  I was calling from my work phone throughout this experience.

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Good evening, I can certainly understand how frustrating this must be to deal with. I would like to look into this for you to see what I can offer, mind shooting me a private message here with your most recent ticket number: https://bit.ly/3pE8Pkc

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userGYPZP9JpbZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi SamsungCole,

I PM'ed you the ticket# last week.  Is there anything else you need?

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi, thank you for replying! If we need anything further, we will ask via the private messages. Just keep an eye out for replies from us, and we will be able to take things from there. Thank you!

0 Likes