JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Home Screen settings are grayed out

(Topic created: 08-23-2019 05:37 PM)
userUD1U3qFwki
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My 'Home Screen' setting is grated out in my Setins mode.  I wanted to change the App Icon Grid size.   I did it once, then went back to ty and set it back to what I had and could not access the settings, as it was grayed out.

Any ideas?

Brand new Samsung Note 10+ 

0 Likes
8 Replies
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey @userUD1U3qFwki, I hope you're doing well.

Are you by chance using a third party launcher? I know when using a third party launcher, the home screen settings will disable. To get them back, switch back to the OneUI launcher by going to: Settings>Apps>Menu>Default apps>Home screen>OneUI Home

I hope this helps!

Take care.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
userUD1U3qFwki
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Sorry to get back to you so late.

It worked!

Thanks for your help, Rydah.

0 Likes
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey @userUD1U3qFwki 

That's great, thank you for reporting back. You should accets @Rydah's post as a solution though, it will make more sense to other users that might come here with a similar issue.

Geno

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Awesome! Glad you were able to get it resolved @userUD1U3qFwki.

As @Geno71 said, if you don't mind marking my original post as the solution so that anyone with the same question can easily find an answer, that would be helpful.

Take care!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The solution has been marked correctly, Thank you for adding your troubleshooting input for other users!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Samsung_MmfJ2Gn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

Just thought I'd add to this.

I've been using Nova Launcher for months and this hasn't been an issue. Home screen settings have never been greyed out. Suddenly yesterday my display stopped rotating and home screen is greyed out. Maybe Nova launcher update caused it? I'll have to do some investigating.

0 Likes
user9G4rg01Agj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

For me this didn't work, it appeared it could only be changed by the administrator.  I'm the second user 🙂

0 Likes
Shawyn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
my show notification is grayed out on my note20 ultra how do I turn it on
0 Likes