Original topic:

Horrible Update

(Topic created on: 1/25/21 7:47 PM)
userp42AP0vOlI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My Note 10+ updated over the weekend to One UI 3.0. This is a horrible software update for the following reasons: 1) The time on the lock screen is in the wrong position. I have the clock set to be in the upper right corner of the lock screen. Using the same setting, it is now a full inch below where it used to be and conflicts with my background. I should not have to change my background just to see the clock. 2) The volume indicator is now a vertical bar on the left of the screen and looks like it was designed by toddlers. It is awkward, ugly, and does not go with the style of the phone at all. 3) The switch app button takes me to the first open app in the list, not the app that I am using, like it used to.  4)  Most grievously, the folder layout has been changed from a 4 x 5 layout to a 3 x 4 layout which not only wastes space, but it has created a second folder screen when there used to be only one. My phone was organized and clean and set up beautifully to make my daily life, my business, and my pastimes easier and more productive. Now, my phone looks like it should only be used by preschoolers. You have made horrendous decisions with this update. I ask that you correct these mistakes and return the Note 10+ back to its former state or at least give the consumer the option to make these changes for himself.

13 Replies
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I haven't received the update yet. T-Mobile/ note 10+...with the myriad of problems posted here, I'm dreading it. Samsung seems to want me to move over to LG, pixel, or Motorola
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
"LG to exit phone market" :c.
Im with you. They ruined my Note 20 Ultra!
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
looks like it's a pixel or back to Motorola....though pixels get the updates first and fast
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yeah :/. Tbh ive always wanted to try out pixel (since back when they were called nexus) but id go for Samsung cause of the features and preinstalled apps. Now that theyre just stripping their devices of features left and right (regardless of how much money youre willing to give them) i dont see the point in shelling out hundreds to them anymore.
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I agree. I've always been interested I them, but leaned on Samsung because of the specs, regardless of the price. now that they're baking ads into their native apps, even after paying such high prices, I've lost "that loving feeling". I shouldn't have to deal with ads after paying all of that. I've replaced or disabled most of them, but it's a step I should not have to take. aside from that, with the amount of money they make, there shouldn't be so many freaking problems, and they shouldn't be so apathetic about it all.
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
There are a growing number of us who share this frustration and exhaustion. Its a real bummer too, i loved my Note 8 but things have just gotten worse and worse overtime. I upgraded to the Note 20 Ultra and tbh it isnt all that "wow". I hate what Samsung is becoming and unfortunately am locked into their bs until i need to upgrade yet again. Ill be sure not to make this mistake yet again.
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
legit. they're offering me an s21 any variety for STEEP discount with trade in. not going to do it. will save $$$ for when I need to update, then, if they haven't fixed their stupid moves, (and I don't think they will) I'll take a different road.
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yeah this is ridiculous. Btw if you havent already, to avoid the update you could go to dev settings and toggle off auto updates
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
thanks!! forgot about that! .. on it.