Original topic:

Hotspot feature not working after last update

(Topic created: 08-05-2021 09:26 AM)
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
My July update on my note 20 ultra took the feature that I loved to know I have but wasn't using it everyday. Hotspot.
I have an unlimited data plan, and on occasion I would use Hotspot feature to connect my laptop or my tablet to internet via my note phone. 
And this week my internet is out awaiting for the internet company to get my internet started, and what I learned is that my note 20 ultra can't start the Hotspot I have to have the data plan to start it. 6 years with cricket wireless and no issues, from LG v20 to note 8, 9, 10+ and 20 ultra, until this last update from Samsung. Shame on you Samsung for locking the Hotspot feature. Now I need to see of any hackers have come up with a solution, until then I'm not getting anymore Samsung phones.

0 Likes
10 Replies
Smew
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Contact your carrier about the mobile hot spot issue!

What software version is your Note 20 Ultra on?   (Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Build Number [last 4 characters])

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I did, they said that it's a separate plan I would have to pay for. So for 6 years with this plan, it wasn't an issue, and now it is. Samsung has blocked that feature so that the carrier can charge you extra even though you have unlimited internet plan. I pay for unlimited internet. I don't need a separate Hotspot plan since I don't have a separate device. My phone is my Wi-Fi device.
I'm on build #RP1A.200720.012.N986U1UEU2DUF2

What is very interesting, I put my Sim chip in my old phone HTC one9, and get this Hotspot is available, so I know it wasn't the carrier that locked it. It was Samsung.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I am on AT&T and hotspot is still working for me. I am on build number ...DUG1 the Aug 2021 update
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Did you purchase a separate hotspot plan?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
No, I did not.
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I'll update to the August security built so will see. I'll have to follow-up
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Good luck.
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The August update has reactivated my hotspot functionality. Way to go Samsung. Looking forward to August 11th. Got my eye on z fold 3 😁

False hope. Connect to hotspot if you're connected to a Wi-Fi and it becomes a hotspot connector. In that with Wi-Fi then pass by is not available which I'm very confused on. Back in my location I don't have internet activity in my house and I tried my hotspot feature and it's still not connecting.

Looks like I'm in a pass on the new phones from Samsung.

Update: put my Sim in my HTC a19 and the Hotspot feature works. I put my Sim in Samsung a10e and Hotspot feature works. I put Sim back in my note 20 ultra, Hotspot feature doesn't work.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I been having the same problem as well and I have a carrier unlocked phone and nvr had a problem before