Original topic:

How can I work out if my samsung note 10 has water damage?

(Topic created on: 1/1/21 10:15 PM)
userKEzSUtlROC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Over a year ago, I accidentally put my Samsung note 10 + in a washing and drying machine for an hour. It still works perfectly fine, but I was wondering if anyone knows how I can check to see if it is water damaged, or damaged from the heat? Thanks

0 Likes
6 Replies
jgparker
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I am amazed that it's still working! And if it's still working perfectly, my guess would be that it's not damaged. As for how to check to be sure though, you may want to call Samsung if no one else knows.
0 Likes
userKEzSUtlROC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yeah, I can't believe that it is still working. It was locked in a washing machine and I thought that it was going to be bent and broken, but when I took it out it didn't even have a scratch. When I took it out it just said that it was overheating and that it needed to cool down. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If there had been water damage more than likely you would have received a "moisture in the charging port" warning message.

0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
either way the Manufacturers and carriers will know if you go to send it in. theres a litmus strip inside that changes from blue to pink when introduced to water but that's cool it survived the wash and dry process
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userKEzSUtlROC wrote:

Over a year ago, I accidentally put my Samsung note 10 + in a washing and drying machine for an hour. It still works perfectly fine, but I was wondering if anyone knows how I can check to see if it is water damaged, or damaged from the heat? Thanks

This happened over a year ago. Worrying about it now seems like a waste of effort. 

0 Likes
userCvL7zFdO6H
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Which brand of washing machine.

0 Likes