JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to add checklist items to Reminder in Android Pie?

(Topic created: 02-20-2019 04:55 PM)
userhrfa3S4Tho
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi, I updated my phone to Android Pie recently.

Now I am super confusing and frustrating when trying to add multiple items to the checklist in the native Reminder app. There is no button for me to add a second item after I created the first one (pressing `enter` will start a new line).

Any help is appreciated!!! Thank you!!!

13 Replies
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for reaching out to us to address your concerns, We reproduced the issue you are experiencing and when we pressed 'enter' it did create a new line However, that then allowed us to add a new item for the checklist and then we saved and tested.

We were able to create a fake grocery list for bread and milk and both were marked off the checklist without issue, We would recommend first pressing enter and then on the new line add your second item for your check list.

What type of device are you using?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thats one of the many things I love about this site.  I didn't even know that there was a native reminder app.  I been using a 3rd party app that does the same thing.  

I tried it just as SamsungZell did and mine did as was reported.  On your keyboard, hit the RETURN key and on mine it created an additional line with a check mark with it.  

0 Likes
userd6A3oFBVhj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

When I press enter, it adds a new line, but there's no new checkbox. Just one box for the entire list.Screenshot_20190220-173937_Reminder.jpg

Screenshot_20190220-173926_Reminder.jpg

SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for that information. Can you provide us with the full model number, carrier and the base band version of the device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userd6A3oFBVhj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It's a Sprint Note 9. As can be seen in my screenshots, I, too, was using Gboard. After I switched to Samsung keyboard, I was able to properly populate my checklist. Thanks folks!

0 Likes
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Big-Bad-Brad, Thank you so much for providing your feedback for the progression of this troubleshooting thread and confirming you were able to recreate the scenario! You learn something new everyday, Thanks for being the best part of Samsung!

0 Likes
kuzunoha
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have recently updated to Android Pie as well and I'm facing the same issue. Using the return button does not create a new checklist item, instead it creates a new line on the current checklist item.

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S9, and the Reminder app is version 10.0.00.55000. Any fixes?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Ok... now I'm Confused.  I didn't even know about this feature until this post and I thought it was working right.  So let me ask this..

I Click on reminder and add a reminder

I give it a title

I Click on Add Check list

I add the item to the check list with a check mark box next to it.

I hit return

I get another line on the check list and get another check box next to it

I fill it in and hit enter and get another line on the check list...

Isn't that how it's suppose to work?  To me, this is totally logical.  I'm only asking because I've never worked with this app before and I thought this was the way it worked..  How is it suppose to work out?  

0 Likes
Cass0922
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello, I  having the same issue. Are there plans to make the reminder app compatible with different keyboards (such as Gboard) again? It's disappointing it's not compatible and annoying to have to always switch keyboards for the app to work correctly. Thanks

0 Likes