JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to create app shortcut on the home screen

(Topic created: 10-18-2020 09:58 AM)
SweetTasha
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I want to create a cocuple shortcut apps on the home screen. How to do that?

TIA for you suggestions. SweetTasha.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Touch and hold the app and you will see option to add to Home screen.

if this helps hit like and solution!

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Solution
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Touch and hold the app and you will see option to add to Home screen.

if this helps hit like and solution!

View solution in context

0 Likes
SweetTasha
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Adaboy 

Your suggestion works...sortofSmiley LOL I succeeded with Voicemail, Samsung Notes. Settings kept showing my settings and wouldn't show me the put on home screen option, but after 3 or 4 tries it gave in. I went back to add another short cut and, I don't know why, but I tried Settings again and it asked whether I want to update. Yes, why not. That put the phone operating system into update mode, which took 20+/- minutes.  Now all the apps that I uninstalled are back. The home screen has Voicemail, Samsung Notes and 2 Settings shortcuts. Contacts isn't there.

Now I'm trying to uninstall the apps that I unstalled previously. Some of them won't uninstall or disable. I'm going to try to figure that out before I peoceed here.

SweetTasha.

0 Likes
SweetTasha
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

OK Home screen looks fine now. Sorry for all the confusion. Issue resolved.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Midget13
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
When you do a software update, oftentimes the apps that were/are factory installed on your device will reappear. I haven't found a way for them to stay gone when doing a software update - so you sometimes end up having to go back through your apps and deleting/uninstalling those apps again. And, unfortunately, yes - there are apps that will not allow you to completely delete them (looking at you, Samsung Internet!). What I end up doing with those apps, is uninstalling as much as it will allow, then uninstalling any/all updates for that particular app, removing all permissions it has, restricting background battery and data usage, then finally clearing/deleting all data and then disabling it. It is a big PITA, a lot of effort especially for an app that you don't want or use in the first place, but at least by doing all of the above, the offending app is now taking up as little space as possible and can no longer run unless you actively chose to open and use said app.
0 Likes
SweetTasha
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Midget13, Thanks for your reply. I

0 Likes