cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user7GBbnrP5lp
Constellation

How to delete a NOT installed T-Mobile software update on a Note 4 ported out to AT&T?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently ported over my Galaxy Note 4 from T-Mobile to AT&T because T-Mobile's most recent update was full of ads and garbage. I first uninstalled the update, but they kept bugging me to do it every time I picked up the  phone.

I have successfully switched over to AT&T by installing a sim card sent to me by AT&T.

Thing is: The D#*&@ T-Mobile update keeps trying to install.

Any suggestions would be vastly appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user7GBbnrP5lp
Constellation

Re: How to delete a NOT installed T-Mobile software update on a Note 4 ported out to AT&T?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Got a more detailed version from Swathi K on Samsung Chat. Thanks to all! Yeay!!!

1 Power the device off.

2 Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.

3 When the device vibrates; release only the Power key.

4 When the Android system recovery menu displays; release the Volume Up and the Home key.

5 Navigate with the Volume keys to the wipe cache partition and press the Power key to select.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HiitsSami
Asteroid

How to delete a NOT installed T-Mobile software update on a Note 4 ported out to AT&T?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Go to recovery mode by simultaneously pressing power button volume down and home button. Clear Cache & reboot. Don't mess with other things unless you clearly what you are going for .
user7GBbnrP5lp
Constellation

Re: How to delete a NOT installed T-Mobile software update on a Note 4 ported out to AT&T?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Got a more detailed version from Swathi K on Samsung Chat. Thanks to all! Yeay!!!

1 Power the device off.

2 Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.

3 When the device vibrates; release only the Power key.

4 When the Android system recovery menu displays; release the Volume Up and the Home key.

5 Navigate with the Volume keys to the wipe cache partition and press the Power key to select.

View solution in original post