JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to make custom ringtone for GMAIL

(Topic created: 08-31-2022 08:13 AM)
DiceCollector
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I recently upgraded to a new (unused) Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ ... After 36 upgrades taking the phone from Android 9 (One UI 1) to Android 12 (One UI 4.1) ... I began personalizing the phone ... I was able to add a custom ringtone (helps with my poor hearing) ... and am trying to add a custom notification tone for GMAIL ...

I downloaded the MP3 I wish to use (as I did for my ringtone) and I see it available under Ringtones ... but when I try to change the notification tone for GMAIL ... there is neither an option to add the downloaded mp3 ... nor is the MP3 available in the list ... as it is in Ringtones

I have tried several solutions from the web that were specifically for Android 12 ... and none seem to work ... mostly because the settings they say to use ... do not seem to be settings in Android 12

For example ... Settings -> Accessibility ... does not exist ... you can access it via Bixby or Google assistants ... but there is no Sounds and Notifications

Any help would be great ... Thank you

4 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Copy the sound file to the Notifications sub-directory
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yes you have to move the sound to the Notifications folder in your File Manager app.
DiceCollector
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Not sure what happened to my reply that I posted yesterday

There does not seem to be a File Manager app anymore ... it can be accessed by asking Bixby or Google assistants to open file manager or by going to the Samsung folder and choose MY FILES

I did move the file to INTERNAL STORAGE -> NOTIFICATIONS ... but the results are the same no ability to choose the mp3 as a notification sound

Screenshot_20220831-085329_My Files.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
DiceCollector
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

ISSUE RESOLVED

SOLUTION

1) Move the mp3 file to Internal storage -> Notifications as suggested by @user751201tmO21
and @MoniqueO28 

2) Return to the Settings -> App etc to the Notification Sound

3) Look under Custom sounds for the mp3 added

4) If the mp3 is not there ... restart your phone and repeat 2 and 3