cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

I do not get any audio notifications of text, or messenger messages. Also no audio notification for

I do not get any audio notifications for text, messenger, not email. This is the second phone they have sent me and same thing. I depend heavily on the audio notifications. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: I do not get any audio notifications of text, or messenger messages. Also ..

I don't get sound notifications either? My work around was to customize sound for each individual that texts me - UGH!
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: I do not get any audio notifications of text, or messenger messages. Also no audio notification

I had the same issue with my S20 Ultra... kinda why I  upgraded to the Note20 Ultra... same issue though. The only difference is that on the Note20 I can hear a preview of the notificatin sound, on the S20 I could not.
I have tried all suggestions, including setting reset, and factory reset. Please note that the notification sound did work in Safe Mode.
My solution: download Google Messages from the Play Store and set it as default. I have had no issues sine the install.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: I do not get any audio notifications of text, or messenger messages. Also no audio notification

I had the same issue with my S20 Ultra... kinda why I  upgraded to the Note20 Ultra... same issue though. The only difference is that on the Note20 I can hear a preview of the notificatin sound, on the S20 I could not.
I have tried all suggestions, including setting reset, and factory reset. Please note that the notification sound did work in Safe Mode.
My solution: download Google Messages from the Play Store and set it as default. I have had no issues sine the install.
It is a last resort solution, but I have tried everything else to no avail.