cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smolkowski
Asteroid

Re: Internet Failure on Wi-Fi after Android 6.0 Update on Note 5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Holy poop!  Yes, that worked.  My 1 mb file (950 KB) just opened in about a second.  So did another 1.2 MB file.  That's very helpful.  I usu BlueTooth regularly, but it's also very easy to turn on and off.  This is a great step forward.  

smolkowski
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just turned bluetooth back on . . . slow as molasses.  Turned it back off, fast as ever.  

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Others have reported similar issue in this thread. https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/Bluetooth-and-Wifi-conflict/m-p/247#U247

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@smolkowski do you by any chance have the App "RetailMeNot" on your phone? or ACCU-CHEK 360° Diabetes Mgmt. 

I am asking because some people have reported these apps to cause issues like this. This issue does not seem to be related to just a phone and it seems to be across brands and devices  the same issue. 

IF you still have none of these 2 apps I recommend uninstalling your apps one at a time and checking Wifi and BT on at the same time and see. 

smolkowski
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do not have those apps, but I have heard of several third-part apps that are causing problems, including the Dunkin Donuts, SuperCuts, and TouchTunes apps.  I have a link to that (lengthy) discussion below.  Of course, that's certainly not an exhaustive list, but each of those apps apparently requrest permissions for bluetooth access.  

The working hypothesis seems to be that these apps include code that somehow significantly slows 2.4 ghz wi-fi connectionsbut not the 5 ghz connections.  It may be that RetailMeNot and ACCU-CHEK 360 also request the same permissions and have the same bug.  At least one person has found that simply turning off system settings to one of those apps had solved the problem.  

Link to discussion of apps that (effectively) disable wi-fi:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7/652130-galaxy-s7-issues-wifi-when-bluetooth-6.htm...

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So @smolkowski which app is it in your case? 

smolkowski
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't had time to track it down yet.  I have about 100 apps installed, and I'm somewhat reluctant to uninstall and reinstall each of them.  That is, it's much easier to turn on bluetooth when I hop in my car and turn it off other times.  With a little luck, the developers will start to update their apps and resolve the problem.  Or we'll see a patch for Android 6.0.1 that fixes the issue.  If I find an app that causes problems, tho, I'll post it here.  

smolkowski
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nearly forgot to post this: the TouchTunes app did it.

I removed TouchTunes and now wi-fi works with bluetooth on.  No problems.  

I had tried to turn off its permissions, first, but that did not solve the problem.  I had to remove the app.  

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I hope you left this feedback for the app in Play Store.

Papp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION