Original topic:

Ip68 note 9

(Topic created: 03-23-2019 06:37 AM)
--lagginout
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Does anyone have a note 9 and how water resistant is it. Could I safely take it in the shower?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dretsel
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/what-is/ip-rating/

According to Samsung, the phone will be fine on water submersion in fresh water IP to a maximum depth of 1.5m up to 30 minutes.

I'm sure the phone will be fine, but really it's just at your own risk.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
Dretsel
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/what-is/ip-rating/

According to Samsung, the phone will be fine on water submersion in fresh water IP to a maximum depth of 1.5m up to 30 minutes.

I'm sure the phone will be fine, but really it's just at your own risk.

--lagginout
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yeah, I don't think I'd ever be comfy with putting a 1000 dollar phone in the water. But im going to get a proof case and try it that way

0 Likes
deentravis1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've had no problems with water and a time or two it's been completely submerged for short underwater video. Just be sure your battery has plenty of juice because the USB port will be disabled as long as it senses moisture. Once dry it will return to normal operation.

(Also the touch screen will react to the water droplets running down it and can become annoying)

0 Likes
--lagginout
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

When I take out s pen it disables finger touch so you should be able to use the spen pretty well underwater

0 Likes
Samsung_ETkwHiW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes you can but be careful of the charger hole because water in that hole can damage the phone

0 Likes
deentravis1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I thought the same thing but after shopping for a case equivalent to a LifeProof and not finding anything just took the plunge and continue to use in wet environments

0 Likes