JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Latest note 8 at&t update

(Topic created: 07-23-2018 01:28 PM)
Cyberwasp
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I received a software update today and now my Status bar is no longer visible on my home screen. Anyone else experiencing this.

AT&T

Model: SN-N950U

0 Likes
7 Replies
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you attempted to reboot the phone into safe mode?

To get into safe mode, just do the following:

• Power your device down
  • Then power it back on
  • Press and hold the Volume Down key when you see the Samsung logo until the phone is powered on. 

Let me know how this works.            

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Download and install samsung+ app from the playstore and using the "send feedback" option, report the issue.

0 Likes
Cyberwasp
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userbcMKA9DSlI wrote:

Download and install samsung+ app from the playstore and using the "send feedback" option, report the issue.

Lol, sorry. Am not buyig into a serivice just to report a known glitch when I can do it on the companies forum. Unfortunately they are too ignorant to realize the glitch even though the code was given to them.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

without the issue logs, samsung engineers can't analyze to find out the root cause. however, have u tried in safe mode? if u see the status bar in safe mode, it is one or more of the installed apps. u will have to uinstall one by one to find out which app is causing it. very unfortunate.....

0 Likes
Solution
Cyberwasp
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userbcMKA9DSlI wrote:

without the issue logs, samsung engineers can't analyze to find out the root cause. however, have u tried in safe mode? if u see the status bar in safe mode, it is one or more of the installed apps. u will have to uinstall one by one to find out which app is causing it. very unfortunate.....

Well, like I just suggested. They should have a place with a short video tutorial of where the logs are and a place on the site to upload them to. 

Fortunately I was able to determine that the update changed the way the status bar is displayed and it sometimes slips behind the wall paper. Another coding error the prerelease team missed!

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

oh. good good. what wall paper and where did you get it from?

0 Likes
Cyberwasp
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Made it myself from photoshop. although some themes from the store do it also.

0 Likes