cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_go9CU5K
Astronaut

Lens switching in the moment Camera app

I was very disappointed to learn when I got my note 9 that I am unable to switch between lenses when using either the Filmic pro camera app or the Moment pro camera app. Why on Earth would you stop 3rd party camera apps from being able to switch lenses? it's a camera

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Care Ambassador

The Note 9 is unique with its two apertures (I assume tha...

The Note 9 is unique with its two apertures (I assume that's what you mean by "lenses"). For an app developer to include a special aperture-switching button just for the Note 9 would be unnecessary work since most Android phones don't have that feature.

Novamanmusic
Asteroid

Re: Lens switching in the moment Camera app

Yes I want to know why and what is Samsung going to do about it because the camera in the phone still isn't good enough to shoot cinematic film. Yet the iphone users get to attach all the pro lense and etc to shoot cinematic film and that pisses me off. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

I also ran into that problem, and I might have an answer. You see, the 3rd party camera app makers have to make the app that supports a multitude of different devices, a to z. each one has vastly different camera hardware. So the easiest easy to get the app on everyone's phone is to make it use the main lens, (which every device has)

Highlighted
Novamanmusic
Asteroid

@Jamess467 wrote:

I also ran into that problem, and I might have an answer. You see, the 3rd party camera app makers have to make the app that supports a multitude of different devices, a to z. each one has vastly different camera hardware. So the easiest easy to get the app on everyone's phone is to make it use the main lens, (which every device has)

I read that Samsung did not allow 3rd party developers access because of security issues. I'd that true? Do you know if Samsung will have an answer to this problem? 

Samsung Care Ambassador

I cannot answer for Samsung. But I doubt it yi be a security flaw. App makers have to make money, and in order to do so, they want their apps on as many phones as possible, all while keeping cost in development down.

Novamanmusic
Asteroid

@Jamess467 wrote:

I cannot answer for Samsung. But I doubt it yi be a security flaw. App makers have to make money, and in order to do so, they want their apps on as many phones as possible, all while keeping cost in development down.

The app makers are blaming Samsung for not giving them access to camera api's. This is why those 3rd party companies are not making pro film gear for Samsung phones while Apple get all the goodies. Samsung need to respond. Either give them access or make their own pro film gear. There is a market ready to buy. The phone cannot replace DSLR yet. It needs help

Samsung Care Ambassador

That would be nice if they had access to the hardware.

Samsung_wueEiII
Astronaut

Sure you can. All you have to do is hit the 1x button to change your camera lenses on the Moment Pro application. I use the Moment Pro application to take wide angle pro mode style photos with my Note 10 plus. Unfortunately, you don't have that option in the standard Samsung Camera Application.

Novamanmusic
Asteroid

You use the moment pro app without the moment lens since they dont have the note 10+ phone case yet?