Original topic:

Looking for perfect animation speeds

(Topic created on: 5/9/21 6:36 AM)
Negai
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
If you're like me and snappy animations are more of a nuisance and you're secretly jealous shy iPhone is always so perfect, butter smooth, this will get you much closer to that without installing anything.

1.Activate Developer Options (tap the build number 10 times)
2. Set the animation scales to the following parameters (I've been doing this for year's)

All defaults are 1.0
Scale (intended duration)
------
Animator Duration (1.0) : leave this as is, apps may glitch if they wrote code around this.

Window Animation Scale (2.0). Because windows are big and normally there is MS needed for memory to load up, a slower window transition serves both as eye candy and smoother load up.

Transition Animation Scale (1.5) we need this only a tad slower, this handles all animations by android UX components, and developers often key of this value for their custom components, don't worry about your games, this only affects hardware rendered interfaces and does not impact Graphics Engines, that's a whole separate topic.

I hope this makes your Samsing life sweeter!
Ask me anything :)

5 Replies
MoonRun3s
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Gotta be honest, no matter how much you tweak these settings, nothing will ever come close to Apple. Maybe Samsung could release animation packs, almost like themes.
Negai
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
That is true, as a software developer Apple baked the animations as part of the Kernel, therefore their processing precedes rendering 100% of the time. (Animation algorithms performed before output). This design is called Animation Core. And is impossible to achieve in Android without a major rebuild of the Android Kernel.

When Apple was hanging in the balance near death they needed a compelling product that will not flop, and going all touch had a major impediment which is the touch reaction glitch due to slow processing of the processors. And the only way to make touch react in real-time is if it was built into the kernel.

When android came, it was an agile competition copy cat. They did not think through the design and built off what they visibly experienced.

The same goes for privacy :)

Thank you for your criticism :)
MoonRun3s
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
It's actually really impressive, maybe someone could work on a rebuild of Android's kernel and release it. The main reasons why Apple phones are so fast is because they look fast, from a UI standpoint.
Noob
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have both an iphone and the note 20 ultra. Yes the iphone is smooth but its features don't even come close to my note 20 ultra. Its just as smooth as the iphone and has a better display. The customization of an iphone is nothing compared to that of the android. I honestly don't see the hype of the Apple iPhone. I'm not a developer, just a consumer with a lot of experience with cell phones.
Negai
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Apple wins with Continuum business first experience and stellar security.

Android wins for customization, open sourcing, developer material. But falls short on durability and due to it being software on 3rd party hardware it falls behind on reliability and accuracy
0 Likes