Original topic:

Moisture detection in charging port after 2.5 UI update

(Topic created: 01-04-2021 12:47 AM)
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Is anyone else having this problem with moisture detected in your charging port. I'm on day 5 of this issue. I went to the Samsung store was told it would cost me $450 usa dollars to fix it. This started after the 2.5 ui update. FML. SO DISAPPOINTED. 

Update it went away for a day and now is back
93 Replies
userdBfPYXKQqv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
My girls iPhone 11 did that a handful of times then went away, if you factory reset it should clear the code, data loss is a issue but generally you should have a Samsung backup stored. I typed factory reset without a password into google and it listed first thing (This should solve your problem if it's due to the convince.

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-220244/

Samsung Galaxy Tab A (10.5) - Factory Data Reset (Powered Off)

Caution:

If the device is responsive and can be powered on, the preferred reset method should be performed.For devices with Android™ Device Protection turned on, it's imperative Google™ sign-in credentials are known prior to completing a factory reset with the device powered off. If credentials are unknown, do one of the following:Attempt to sign in with any Google account previously used on the device.Reset the password via the https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery website.Perform a factory data reset only if absolutely necessary as it removes all data including:ContactsEmail accountsSystem and app dataApp settingsDownloaded appsMedia (Music, pictures and videos, etc.)

If a pattern, PIN, etc. is or has ever been set up on this device, Google account sign-in is required during initial setup.

Ensure the device is powered off.Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons.
Continue to hold Volume Up and Power buttons until the Android Recovery screen appears (about 10-15 seconds) then release both buttons.
 A blue screen with 'Installing system update' may display, followed by a screen with 'No command'; continue to wait until the recovery screen appears.From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/factory reset.
 Use the Volume buttons to cycle through available options and the Power button to select.
Select Yes.
 Allow several seconds for the factory data reset to complete.
Select Reboot system now.
 Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
 If applicable, set up your device.

sorry for the weird spacing, I copied and pasted, also why I left the  email which hopefully will URL for convience.

DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Are you certain there is no moisture in your phone, meaning this is a false error message? Which model phone do you have?

Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have a note 10×
0 Likes
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Do you know if any moisture actually got inside your charging port?  Or is this a bogus error message?

Options
Galaxy Note Phones
no moisture. so I tried everything and it didn't work. I looked up the problem in YouTube and i tried one of the solutions on there and it worked for a day and then it came back so in still having this problem still
0 Likes
misa10
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
mine has this error too and I have the Samsung s20 ultra 5g and it's super annoying because it's been like this for weeks I always keep it away from water
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Is your phone holding any charge now?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
it is but it shuts downevery now and then
0 Likes
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Well that's good that you can charge it some somehow. Btw, how have you been able to do that?

As I'm sure you know, there are about half a dozen recommendations out there to solve your problem...

Have you tried flattening/softening the end of a toothpick, and putting some rubbing alcohol on it and then carefully trying to clean the charging port with it? That seems to help lots of times. 🤞
0 Likes