Original topic:

Moisture detection in charging port after 2.5 UI update

(Topic created: 01-05-2021 08:08 PM)
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Is anyone else having this problem with moisture detected in your charging port. I'm on day 5 of this issue. I went to the Samsung store was told it would cost me $450 usa dollars to fix it. This started after the 2.5 ui update. FML. SO DISAPPOINTED. 

Update it went away for a day and now is back
93 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I'm just using a wireless charger
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I'm afraid to mess with it.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Samsung should fix this problem
userqqjR3xeDrT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Still waiting on samsung to fix their March update to the note 9 phones which is causing issues such as green/yellow screen tint, moisture detection in charger, blurry lines in screen when brightness is adjusted. Samsung please, it's been long enough waiting for a fix.
StarsFalling
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I've been having the moisture detection issue issue on my 512gb Note 9, N960U1, for almost 17 months now. Only capable of charging via the Samsung wireless charger I purchased when I bought my phone new at the time of purchase. $1500 is what I spent on the newest note (9), I upgraded from a Note 4, and I thought it would be worth every penny.. ... That notification saying moisture was detected in usb, has got me Ill, knowing that I've never even had the phone outside in the rain. New Official Samsung usb c charging cable, purchased in person at Official store btw. Letting it die, plugging it up while off, clearing cache partition, having it professionally looked at, and finally disabling the factory reset protection, and doing a factory reset.
Only to do it all over again.
I can't afford a new phone, so I use my Note 9 on the weekends at home, if, it's had time to wirelessly 'fast charge', (not saying anything negative about Samsung's 'fast' wireless charging speed, but it is significantly slower than the usb charging capabilities. So when I'm out working in the field M-F, I'm having to use my note 4.

I'm was willing to commit to this big investment, that I thought was worth relatively large sum of money because it was a Samsung product.
Life Lesson Learned, I guess that was a bad choice.

Anyways, sorry for the rant, I hope you have better luck than me and the countless others.
userqqjR3xeDrT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
yea honestly it's looking like people in the forums are gonna start a class action lawsuit because repair services have known about the issue but have not put out an official statement and looks like samsung is gonna try and sweep it under the rug since the phone is almost 3 years old now. I'll be joining in on the lawsuit because a 1200 dollar phone is too much to have these kinds of issues on the daily.
Samsung_pWNpzJf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

How to get rid of it

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

When did the error message begin? What is the model code of your phone? I am also including an article with some steps you can try.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001449/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung_pWNpzJf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It started last week

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Was there an update or any new apps downloaded?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes