Original topic:

MST - Why the Note 21 NEEDS this feature

(Topic created on: 1/22/21 8:15 PM)
chiptheknight
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
There's a reason Swiss Army knives are so popular; they do everything a knife can do and more. In an age where your phone is your most important tool, you want it to be able to do everything you need it to do. As more and more people begin ditching their credit cards for their phone, it is imperative that your phone is able to pay up.
So why is Samsung phasing out MST?

One of the most useful features on my Note 10 Plus is MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission). This enables my phone to be used at pay terminals without NFC, simply by placing the device next to the terminals magnetic strip. Whether paying for gas on the go or just buying groceries, this is what makes Samsung Pay better than other pay services; it just works. 
And yet like our fallen hero the headphone jack, this feature is about to be dead for good.
I can only speculate as to why, but as there is a global pandemic ransacking the economy, one can safely assume that cost plays a huge factor here.
As flagship phone prices have skyrocketed the past few years, there have been major questions about the value of flagship devices. Are they even worth it when a phone half the cost does the same thing?
If you are a fan of the Note series, you'll agree with me when I say some features are just worth it.

The stylus may appear as a gimmic to some, but the outright usefulness of the S Pen is irreplaceable. As the only phone to tout a built in stylus, the Note series has always made the price seem worth it. That bundled in with a phone that has always been marketed as Samsung's most powerful device, and the Note makes a compelling case for it's existence. Until you start taking away it's features. 
Like the headphone jack, expandable storage, or even the S Pen, MST is a useful feature that I don't want to see go away. As a consumer, make your voice heard, and tell Samsung that we don't want a watered down phone; we want a Note.
4 Replies
Mobetta01
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I totally agree with you. All those features is what made Samsung better than the competition. now they talking on YouTube that the note line is ending. we'll now what point is it to stay with samsung???? then needed the expandable storage and mst. also bring back the remote sensor to change stations lol
chiptheknight
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yes! The IR Blaster was so underrated! Not needing to find the tv remote was so nice.
userLwwnOKXMhu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'l buy Samsung phone with MST ONLY or will looking for chinese!  S20s have trottling Exinos AND weak autofocus CAMERA in Russia, so i'v prefered to buy note10plus (S20 gave to my dad) and think about s10plus ceramic 1tb on snap - the McKinley of phone tecnologies: mst, spO2, 2 front cameras and other...

0 Likes
hrtbt454
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Agreed, and the ir blaster was nice!!

0 Likes