Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Chrismilo
Asteroid

Marshmallow s note update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an S note 5 I did the marshmallow update and nothing is working like it did before. My emails don't sync unless I manually refresh the screen. Facebook always gives me network errors weather I am on WiFi or 4g . Most of my apps actually give me network errors, including the Internet. Its seems if i go out of range of the wifi it won't just connect to the 4g signal. I have to close all the apps in order for them to reconnect to whatever network I am on. I also don't like the new swipe to unlock ..it's double the work to unlock the phone ..seems redundant. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: Marshmallow s note update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, Chrismilo and thanks for being part of the Samsung Community. We appreciate your active participation and inquiry. We would like to advise clearing the cache partition of your device after any after an update. To do this you will power down the device and upon start up you will hold the volume up, home, and power keys until the device powers on into a boot mode. Once there you will use the Volume keys to navigate to the wipe cache partition option. You will then use the power key to select this. This will delete only temporary files used by the device and should not delete any saved data. What we would recommend next is go into your date and time settings. Once there would you please set your device clock to manual and then set it to the wrong time. After you have done this, please go to your home screen and close all the applications using the recent apps button to the left of the home button. After you have completed all this, please go back to the date and time settings and set it back to the correct time and set it back to automatic time. These are a few options available to get your device back to optimal working order. 

9 REPLIES 9
Thugswearsocks
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can change it to auto update in your settings 

JaredAR82
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I thought i was reading my post when i saw yours. Email don't sync (even with auto sync on) and Facebook doesnt sync and i get errors too. SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!  

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, Chrismilo and thanks for being part of the Samsung Community. We appreciate your active participation and inquiry. We would like to advise clearing the cache partition of your device after any after an update. To do this you will power down the device and upon start up you will hold the volume up, home, and power keys until the device powers on into a boot mode. Once there you will use the Volume keys to navigate to the wipe cache partition option. You will then use the power key to select this. This will delete only temporary files used by the device and should not delete any saved data. What we would recommend next is go into your date and time settings. Once there would you please set your device clock to manual and then set it to the wrong time. After you have done this, please go to your home screen and close all the applications using the recent apps button to the left of the home button. After you have completed all this, please go back to the date and time settings and set it back to the correct time and set it back to automatic time. These are a few options available to get your device back to optimal working order. 

Chrismilo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
thank you I tried this !! we shall see if it helped so far so good
MrJames1280
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried doing this fix, step by step, unfortunaly my phone is still acting the same way, not syncing, and network errors

Chrismilo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It worked for a hot minute now back to the nothing working again. Apps need to be closed and restarted ..network errors even with full bars and full wifi . This is unacceptable why do I have a smart phone then ???? 

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would advise backing your device up and bringing it into the Samsung Experience Shop within your local Best Buy. There, you can get a free software reflash which will provide your phone with a fresh copy of the latest software and firmware. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

caribnflava
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good morning, I had this very issue and dealt with it for a couple of months, I found a solution that worked, apparently the power saving option that is available on the phone is not compatible with the marshmallow update, i turned it off as recommended by the post and my phone works fine, might try that.  For any Samsung reps reading this, it is an issue that needs to be addressed so that customers can have the full funtionality of their phones with all features working as they should and not causing these types of issues.

MrJames1280
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Im having the exact same problem