Original topic:

May 17 Security Update and Samsung Knox

(Topic created: 05-17-2021 07:06 AM)
userIpmIhJ3jW3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello,

When I woke up this morning, my work-managed Google account was signed out of my Galaxy Note 10, and I was required to accept a Knox privacy policy (first time I've seen it before). The phone is now stuck in an authentication loop that will not allow the account to sync, and if I try to "take action" using the notification bar, the UI tells me an account is already set up with Knox and asks if I want to delete the profile. If I do, it goes through the process again, always getting stuck on the "Finish signing in to continue" Google Account page.

I know of at least one other person with this issue on our network, but our IT worker has said they've changed nothing on the organization's end this weekend. She also has a Samsung phone, but it's not a note and it's an older model.

My only conclusion is that this must have something to do with the new security update, but I haven't seen any news concerning the issue, so I figured I'd post here.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get the work account to function again?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userIpmIhJ3jW3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi Gill,

Wanted to update you (and anyone else who finds their way here)...

My admin found that switching from "Advanced" Android features back to "Basic" Android features in the Mobile management tab for the admin Google account solved the problem.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
rusty24
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've same boat with u, it getting me frustrated, big time. I lost my memo and contacts listed off. 

SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you tried wiping the cache partition? Was the work-managed Google account the only one that was logged out?

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes
userIpmIhJ3jW3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi Gill,

I've tried these steps, but it's still doing the same thing. It went a little further and said I was signed out of my account and to verify it was me, but it's stuck on the Google Account management page (Finish signing in to continue - something went wrong and you need to sign in again). When I click sign in, a white box with a circular loading icon just keeps spinning.

0 Likes
Solution
userIpmIhJ3jW3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi Gill,

Wanted to update you (and anyone else who finds their way here)...

My admin found that switching from "Advanced" Android features back to "Basic" Android features in the Mobile management tab for the admin Google account solved the problem.

View solution in context

0 Likes
momakatt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Same thing with mine
0 Likes