Original topic:

Media Pauses Randomly

(Topic created: 10-30-2021 03:11 AM)
NW2076
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have a Note 10+ and since the last update (N975USQS7FUI6) my media playback randomly stops. I haven't figured a rhyme not reason for it. This is happening across apps (Prime Video, Disney+, YouTube, YouTube Music, Spotify, my podcast app) so the only commonality is the update.

I contacted Support last night and they had me reset app preferences and then reset all settings. After that, everything was fine (I tested several of the apps and no random pauses). This morning, I was watching something and it started pausing. Sometimes it after 1 minute, sometimes 2, sometimes it is less than a second (several pauses one after another). Before I contact Support again I figured I'd throw something out here.

TIA
11 Replies
CincinnatEE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm having the exact same problem on my S20+. I've tried resetting settings as well, with no luck. Random pauses on all media (Facebook videos, Spotify, Audible, YouTube). Could go for 30mins and then pause, and then immediately pause again 10 seconds later. Weird. It began right after the last update. I REALLY do not want to do a factory reset unless I have to. HELP!

NW2076
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I contacted Support again list night and they had me reset my network settings and, so far, I haven't had any issues (20 minutes listening to a podcast driving to church this morning, watching a movie this evening). Maybe give that a shot and, hopefully, we can figure it out together.
0 Likes
poloberto1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
How did you do that?
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi, so the steps for resetting network settings on Note10s are:

1. From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
  2. Tap Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset network settings.
  3. Tap RESET SETTINGS.
  4. If you have set up a PIN, enter it.
  5. Tap RESET SETTINGS. Once complete, a confirmation window will appear.

Please let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
poloberto1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Hi, it didn't worked, I tried but keeps pausing any media. Spotify, SiriusXm. Any other step?
0 Likes
P0werSerg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I tried this and it does work until you launch the smart things app or tile app and it reconnects to other Bluetooth devices. Then the issues resume. This issue seems to stem from other Bluetooth devices such as smart tags or tile trackers even Bluetooth car keys such as the one for a Tesla connecting and disconnecting causing the audio to pause whenever they do so. This causes me to think it's a bug that just hasn't been tracked down yet
0 Likes
Joe432008
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I removed the roku app and surprisingly all my video and music pausing has stopped. Removing the roku app seems to fix the problem, don't know why. My music was pausing every couple of seconds to every few minutes, but now its fixed.
P0werSerg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Interesting I'm going to test this now
0 Likes
P0werSerg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
How did you figure this out. It fixed the issue for me!! Wow I would have never figured this out.