Original topic:

Media volume automatically lowers

(Topic created: 05-12-2022 07:00 AM)
King Durdy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Over the past few weeks after an update on my Note 9, I've noticed the volume for media will automatically decrease after a minute or two down to about 75 or 80 percent. I turn it up and a few minutes later it does this again. Any video that I'm watching on any app does it. I've cleared cache, restarted the phone, checked settings for the volume limiter, checked accessibility settings, and still have the same issue. Please fix!
4 Replies
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

this may be related to another issue that I've come across before, people have noted that some times the audio lowers when a notification or something comes in and doesn't return to initially set volume.

OR... you may have the hearing protection enabled or something??

Reproduce issue then report to Samsung Members app > Get Help > Error Report

What is the device model number and software version (settings > about phone > software information > build number (last 4 digits)) ?

Godsend
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yep I have the same issue on my s22u and tab s7+. I still can't figure out why it happens but after playing with a bunch of random settings I think my s22u doesn't do it anymore but the tab still does and it's very annoying!
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

sounds like you are able to reproduce the issue somewhat at will... so please reproduce issue then report to Samsung Members app > Get Help > Error Report  to get help from samsung engineers

ZaCloud
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My Note 10+ seems to randomly mute my ringtone, system sound, & something else (I forget) sometimes. I have no clue why; I use Do Not Disturb, not Mute, when I want things quiet, & I even have exceptions for certain types of phonecalls & calendar notifs, etc. I haven't figured out what causes it yet... But yeah, next time it does happen, I'll try to do error reporting & see if they can figure it out.

What sucks is that over the past couple months, every time I HAVE sent them an Error Report (making sure I have it selected to attach said report), they always answer me back saying that I need to make sure I attach an error report.

Like... I dunno guys, the form says I did, is the form itself faulty too now? Wouldn't surprise me, with how much Samsung's software seems to be disintegrating before my very eyes lately... 😞