JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Microsoft Bloatware

(Topic created: 08-29-2019 03:17 AM)
CntryGyNSD
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've tried for 2 hours to get my note 10 plus linked to my pc through the link to windows app with zero luck. The troubleshooting steps got me nowhere. How do we remove this bloatware?? This is definitely not the magical experience they portrayed at the unpacked event. 

0 Likes
9 Replies
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@CntryGyNSD 

Hi there.

I am having no troubles with mine. Do you have "your phone" downloaded on your Windows10 PC? 

It's a pretty seamless connection process. What are you getting stuck on? Can you take a picture of where you're getting stuck in the process?

Additionally, this tool provided to connect to your PC cannot be removed. It is baked into the phone as I understand it 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
CntryGyNSD
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes I downloaded "My Phone" from Microsoft and went through the steps to set it up. I sent a link to my Note, I clicked on it, then the phone said check my computer to finish but the computer is still waiting to connect. Did it several times. Never worked. 

0 Likes
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@CntryGyNSD 

On your Note10, in the pull down menu with the quick toggle buttons, do you see one that says "link to wondows"? Is that one highlighted indicating it is on?

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
0 Likes
CntryGyNSD
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

That is what I initially toggled when I was trying to set up the wireless sharing. When I downloaded your phone on my laptop it then sent a text with a link to download the latest application (or something to that effect). It's after I click on that link that everything goes south. My phone would then eventually tell me to follow the prompts on my computer to finish installation. But the computer is just spinning at that point. Never progressed passed that point. 

0 Likes
CntryGyNSD
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Screenshot_20190830-054403_Your Phone Companion.jpg

0 Likes
shatteredframes
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you tried using Dex? Worked perfectly for me.

CntryGyNSD
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes, I'm using Dex now (in fact I'm responding through it on my laptop). But I was hoping I could connect wirelessly quickly without having to always find a cable. Dex seems to work pretty well. 

0 Likes
Pimptooth
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Wt

0 Likes
Solution
CntryGyNSD
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I wanted to update this with what solved the issue. I was able to get it to work but had to put both the phone and the computer under a different Microsoft account. Once I did that they linked up just fine. For some reason they didn't like the other account. Anyway, this worked for me in case anyone else has this problem. 

I still prefer DEX but in a pinch linking is pretty easy wirelessly and works well enough (once you work through any intial issues connecting).